TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

All posts discussing pricing or where to buy TurboCAD will be deleted.

G codes missing for old lathe Fanuc 6T
Read 383 times
* April 20, 2017, 04:59:28 PM
 Recently purchase an old 1984 Mori Seiki SL-2H CNC Lathe, have spent months cleaning and rebuilding everything. Has fully functional original Yasnac LX1 controls. Supposed to be like Fanuc 6T/10T. I purchased the CAM program to go with my TurboCAD 19 Pro Plat. Some of the main G-Codes are missing to control the lathe. Like the G50 to set up the machine staring point, G70-G74 canned cutting cycles and G40-G43 tool nose offsets. I have the machine running perfectly, have parts I desperately need to make and can't get the machine to save G-code manually entered, has to be read through a paper tape reader. Thought I would try to get this software to send the G-code through RS232 port in the machine. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

My question, is there a way to either manually enter the right G-codes or set up the G50, G70-G74, G40-G43 codes so the software knows what they are for my old machine. Surely someone has run into this before. Thank you so much for your help and patience with a newbie, fastmike75.

May 01, 2017, 08:08:14 PM
There is a place where you can modify the post processor in TCCam is this  what you are asking?

Yasnac like Fanuc controllers are heavily customer modified controllers so what post works ok on one brand can be different on another brand
With the old 6 series the only way to run them with with cam packages is drip feeding them as there is not enough memory to cope with the prolific code they generate hence the paper tape

Gee dad.......... what could go wrong ( see Pic)