TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Be sure your post is relevant to the current discussion.  Create a new topic within the appropriate board if you are unsure.

G codes missing for old lathe Fanuc 6T
Read 73 times
* April 20, 2017, 04:59:28 PM
 Recently purchase an old 1984 Mori Seiki SL-2H CNC Lathe, have spent months cleaning and rebuilding everything. Has fully functional original Yasnac LX1 controls. Supposed to be like Fanuc 6T/10T. I purchased the CAM program to go with my TurboCAD 19 Pro Plat. Some of the main G-Codes are missing to control the lathe. Like the G50 to set up the machine staring point, G70-G74 canned cutting cycles and G40-G43 tool nose offsets. I have the machine running perfectly, have parts I desperately need to make and can't get the machine to save G-code manually entered, has to be read through a paper tape reader. Thought I would try to get this software to send the G-code through RS232 port in the machine. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

My question, is there a way to either manually enter the right G-codes or set up the G50, G70-G74, G40-G43 codes so the software knows what they are for my old machine. Surely someone has run into this before. Thank you so much for your help and patience with a newbie, fastmike75.