TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When replying to a specific statement be sure to quote the previous post.

Text Pasted as Picture
Read 359 times
April 17, 2017, 02:18:12 AM
Recently someone reported that he was unable to edit the text after when he copy pasted the text into another file or even in the same file, because the text was converted to picture. This made me wonder for a while that how text could be converted into a picture? Also I verified from selection info palette, the copy-pasted text was appearing as Picture type. Well, after searching on TurboCAD community, I came to know that how this is possible, so here it goes:

If you want the copied text to appear as text , and not as picture, then after copying, go to : Edit > Paste Special > Paste as Text > Ok

If you want to paste text as picture, select Picture under As list (see image)

I hope this was helpful, especially for the new users  :P

Khadija

* April 17, 2017, 06:02:30 AM
I have also seen items pasted as pictures. This can happen if you are not in Wireframe Render mode. For whatever reason, TCAD doesn't allow pasting if not in Wireframe.

TC 21 Deluxe, TC 20 Platinum, TC 2015 Platinum, TC 2016 Platinum
i7- 3770 Ivy Bridge 3.4 GHz, 16G Crucial Ballistic, ASRock Extreme 4, EVGA GTX 660 SC, Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

* April 17, 2017, 09:14:17 AM
Thanks for the tip, Khadija. I just tested your procedure, copying the first paragraph of your post and pasting into TCad v2017. It did indeed paste as "text" and is editable in TCad. One problem, however, is that the entire paragraph was pasted as a single line of text. Copy-and-pasting from a Word document had the same problem. Another problem is that underline and italics formats were not retained. Line breaks can be inserted (but not underline or italics) in its Properties dialog or with the text editor, but the procedure is awkward and time-consuming. IMO these limitations make copy-and pasting as "text" virtually useless unless the text is limited to just a few words.

Henry H
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 09:33:07 AM by Henry Hubich »

April 17, 2017, 10:56:56 PM
Henry

Yes, you are right paragraph will appear as a line in TurboCAD, you can apply Italics and Underline on text in TurboCAD. Firstly select the text, right click on it and then go to Text and here you can make changes.

You can see the details in attached file.

Tayyaba

April 17, 2017, 11:23:08 PM
Jason

You want to paste the object in rendering mode, you can do this just copy the rendered object open a new file and paste it as Device independent bitmap or Bitmap, then the pasted object will retain its rendering.

Tayyaba

* April 18, 2017, 08:30:22 AM
Henry

Yes, you are right paragraph will appear as a line in TurboCAD, you can apply Italics and Underline on text in TurboCAD. Firstly select the text, right click on it and then go to Text and here you can make changes.

You can see the details in attached file.

Tayyaba

I think you can apply Italics and/or Underline to the entire block of text, but not to specific words.

Henry H

* April 18, 2017, 11:19:05 AM
Thanks for the tip, Khadija. I just tested your procedure, copying the first paragraph of your post and pasting into TCad v2017. It did indeed paste as "text" and is editable in TCad. One problem, however, is that the entire paragraph was pasted as a single line of text. Copy-and-pasting from a Word document had the same problem. Another problem is that underline and italics formats were not retained. Line breaks can be inserted (but not underline or italics) in its Properties dialog or with the text editor, but the procedure is awkward and time-consuming. IMO these limitations make copy-and pasting as "text" virtually useless unless the text is limited to just a few words.

Henry H

Henry,
Notepad does a much better job with pasted text than Turbocad
Try this >
Paste the paragraph in notepad and save as text file
import the text file in Turbocad's Multi text tool.

"What do I know, I'm still learning"..
Windows 7 64 bit HP > on a stock HP laptop with 4gb-2.4 GHz.Turbocad 2016-2017, TurboCad Platinum 21(Best working version,IMHO) Using Lightworks for reliability/stability and testing redsdk, Anilab lab 5, Renditioner Pro V3. ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4500/5100

* April 18, 2017, 12:33:06 PM

Henry H

Henry,
Notepad does a much better job with pasted text than TurboCAD
Try this >
Paste the paragraph in notepad and save as text file
import the text file in TurboCAD's Multi text tool.

Multi-Text can format individual words or letters, but not the regular Text tool. The Dimension tool has different formatting tools, but much of the coding can't be used in either of the Text tools.

John R.

V17V21, 2015, 2016, 2017
Designer, Deluxe, Basic, Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10, 64-bit

* April 18, 2017, 01:06:20 PM

If you want the copied text to appear as text , and not as picture, then after copying, go to : Edit > Paste Special > Paste as Text > Ok

Khadija

If copying a paragraph, one can also use CTRL+V directly into the multitext tool and then format as required

* April 18, 2017, 03:53:52 PM

Khadija

If copying a paragraph, one can also use CTRL+V directly into the multitext tool and then format as required

Now that makes sense.

Henry H