TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

Problems loading 2017ProPlat
Read 668 times
* April 20, 2017, 05:30:03 AM
Every morning when I start the program everything looks like it loads OK until I try to open a file then all I get is the Buffering and it just sits there forever. I have to restart several times to get it to work even then it has to buffer a while before it works. The only work around I have found is to select the drawing I want to work on and let it open the program. The work computer does that every day but my home computer does not have a problem. The work computer is windows 10 and home is windows 7.
  What's the problem?
      Myron Wilson TC ProPlat 2017

April 20, 2017, 11:58:50 PM

Hi, I had the same problem but it disappeared after I did clean install of the application. Here is the link for instructions:
http://forums.turbocad.com/index.php/topic,9797.0.html

* April 21, 2017, 08:37:02 AM
The "Clean install" instructions are ridiculously Draconian. There should be no need to uninstall previous versions of TurboCAD. This machine currently has 32 different TCad versions installed -- all the Pro editions from v8 onward, many Deluxe editions, and some Designer editions.

On rare occasions (two or three times in the last ten years) I have found it necessary to clean the Registry to make some TCad installation work correctly.

Henry H

* April 24, 2017, 07:21:56 AM
So if a clean install is not necessary what is the solution, I have a disk coming probably this week do just uninstall and then use the disk to reinstall or is there something simpler I really do not want to reload all of my libraries and templates again.
   Myron

* April 24, 2017, 10:18:07 AM
So if a clean install is not necessary what is the solution, I have a disk coming probably this week do just uninstall and then use the disk to reinstall or is there something simpler I really do not want to reload all of my libraries and templates again.
   Myron

Hi Myron,
I feel your pain and IMSI should step up to the plate and come up with a fix rather than a sad excuse. I mean, it's ridiculis to think that at anytime TC can just crap out on a "user"
You could try deleting only the "built-in folder.
Save everything that you feel is important prior to deleting the folder.
The problem is and what I have complained about is sometimes your custom "config" is the culprit and by saving it then re--loading it after deleting the built-in folder you're at risk of having the same problem
Also, I see 100% improvement and more stability working with TC when REDSDK is OFF, Redsdk is very tricky and causes many issues, my tests show,who knows,maybe it's just the compatibility with my computer,it does work but is not very reliable.
Use GDI mode. and Lightworks.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 10:21:19 AM by Dean »

"What do I know, I'm still learning"..
Windows 7 64 bit HP > on a stock HP laptop with 4gb-2.4 GHz.Turbocad 2016-2017, TurboCad Platinum 21(Best working version,IMHO) Using Lightworks for reliability/stability and testing redsdk, Anilab lab 5, Renditioner Pro V3. ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4500/5100

* May 01, 2017, 01:35:07 PM
OK this is getting annoying does anyone in the tech department read these problems and try to help? The 2017 version after it loads will not open a new file without buffering for ever. Several restarts are needed to get it to work. a message comes up after I force a shut down "could not sent the file to the program". I talked my employer into buying this because it works good on my home computer, it is a windows 7 my work computer is a brand spanking new windows 10 so a clean install should not be a problem. The version 2016 had the same problem but I was hoping the new version would have been fixed is there anybody listening?
 Myron TC 10-2017 Plat.

May 01, 2017, 01:56:29 PM
We are listening and will investigate.   

Thanks,
Dave Taylor
TurboCAD Product Manager

May 01, 2017, 05:05:16 PM
Rafter, can you tell use what kind of AV software your company is using at your office? 
Also, is your My Documents folder mapped to a network drive?
Lastly, how are you opening files? Are you using the File |Open menu, clicking the Open icon or using some  other method?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 05:20:00 PM by Dave Taylor »

Thanks,
Dave Taylor
TurboCAD Product Manager

* May 02, 2017, 11:05:04 AM
Thank you for replying. I contacted our Tech support and as I guessed I have a stand alone computer with the protection that comes on it new and everything is saved on it's own hard drive.
  As to opening files when the program loads If I want to start a new drawing I open my own template in the template folder or if the program is already working I use the new button. If I do not want to start a new drawing I close the template window and use the open button for the program. Some times I just select the drawing from the doc folder and let it open the program.
   As it works now when the program loads the template window opens if I select a template it opens OK but if I draw something and try to save it just buffers. If I do not start a new drawing and close the template window when I try to open an old file it just buffers. I have even selected the file from the doc folder and let it open the program and it will open but if I try to save or open something else it buffers.
  If I remember correctly all of the old versions when they opened it was always the history window you see and not the template window, you only got that window when you hit new drawing. Sometimes if I just let it buffer after I first open the program in the morning the history window comes up. Once I get the program to work the first time I have closed it and reopened during the day and have no problem.
  As I said before My windows 7 at home has no difficulty with any of the last 15 versions. I have attached what this machine has. I hope this information helps and it can be fixed without reinstalling I do not enjoy reloading my templates, libraries and config. files

* May 12, 2017, 07:47:07 AM
Has there been any solution to this yet or am I on my own. Nothing works until I can get my History window to open every morning.
Myron

May 12, 2017, 10:12:44 AM
Hi Myron I would like to work directly with you on this issue.  I will send you an email with my contact info.

Thanks,
Dave Taylor
TurboCAD Product Manager