TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

Problems loading 2017ProPlat
Read 82 times
* April 20, 2017, 05:30:03 AM
Every morning when I start the program everything looks like it loads OK until I try to open a file then all I get is the Buffering and it just sits there forever. I have to restart several times to get it to work even then it has to buffer a while before it works. The only work around I have found is to select the drawing I want to work on and let it open the program. The work computer does that every day but my home computer does not have a problem. The work computer is windows 10 and home is windows 7.
  What's the problem?
      Myron Wilson TC ProPlat 2017

April 20, 2017, 11:58:50 PM

Hi, I had the same problem but it disappeared after I did clean install of the application. Here is the link for instructions:
http://forums.turbocad.com/index.php/topic,9797.0.html

* April 21, 2017, 08:37:02 AM
The "Clean install" instructions are ridiculously Draconian. There should be no need to uninstall previous versions of TurboCAD. This machine currently has 32 different TCad versions installed -- all the Pro editions from v8 onward, many Deluxe editions, and some Designer editions.

On rare occasions (two or three times in the last ten years) I have found it necessary to clean the Registry to make some TCad installation work correctly.

Henry H