TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Be sure your post is relevant to the current discussion.  Create a new topic within the appropriate board if you are unsure.

Annoying Bug (Surface to Solid)
Read 251 times
April 20, 2017, 04:08:31 AM
I imported an OBJ file as a Surface.  I selected a section of it, went into Properties and changed the Create 3D Object As setting to Solid (there was no active option to do the same under the Format menu).

It was a reasonably complex structure, so I thought it would take a while.  3 hours later, the conversion process was reported as still active.  I Escaped out of it to turn my computer off, but decided to see how many of the individual objects had been converted.

Turns out, all of them were now Solids.

The conversion process never ended on its own.  I don't know how long it had been finished.

I'm using 2017, Build 28.3.

Jeff

TC Pro Platinum 2017, 2016 & 2015 (all with LightWorks) & V21
System: i7-5820K @ 3.30GHz, ASRock X99 Extreme4, 16GB DDR4-2133 RAM, Gigabyte GTX 970, Samsung NVMe SSD 950 (256GB), Windows 7 Pro (64-bit) SP1

* April 26, 2017, 02:42:38 AM
Hi Jeff

CNR

I tried the steps on build TC Pro Plat 2017 33.1 64 Bit. Only selected section is turning into Solid and in a comparatively quick manner. May be I try again with the .obj file you were working on ? Please do share.
One problem I did face is the Saving of file after this action. It took like ever to save the file. In result application went into Not responding mode.

I'm attaching mine (APC.obj).

Thanks

Shaheryar

* April 26, 2017, 05:42:13 AM
Hi Jeff

CNR

I tried the steps on build TC Pro Plat 2017 33.1 64 Bit. Only selected section is turning into Solid and in a comparatively quick manner. May be I try again with the .obj file you were working on ? Please do share.
One problem I did face is the Saving of file after this action. It took like ever to save the file. In result application went into Not responding mode.

I'm attaching mine (APC.obj).

Thanks

Shaheryar

IMHO,Turbo's obj filter is "primitive'
It doesn't read or write the "mtl" file that is associated(by standards) with the obj file.
You can't do much with obj files in turbo and most (but not all) of the times Turbo freezes when trying to "save as" obj file.
This is not "normal" with "all" drawings Very,very simple  :P drawings usually work
They need to get up with the "times"  ;D
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 06:24:54 AM by Dean »

"What do I know, I'm still learning"..
Windows 7 64 bit HP > on a stock HP laptop with 4gb-2.4 GHz.Turbocad 2016-2017, TurboCad Platinum 21(Best working version,IMHO) Using Lightworks for reliability/stability and testing redsdk, Anilab lab 5, Renditioner Pro V3. ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4500/5100