TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Be sure your post is relevant to the current discussion.  Create a new topic within the appropriate board if you are unsure.

Red Cross Garage
Read 512 times
April 16, 2017, 01:41:51 PM
I saw a image on Shorpy that I thought looked quite cool so I thought I would try something like it in TurboCAD. The Shorpy photo is much much better, but I have spent enough time and don't feel like trying anything more with the TC render. I had a heck of a time getting the light scatter in this one so I ended up adding a bit more in Photoshop. The car(s) is from 3D Warehouse. It was a huge task converting the skp file to something usable (materials-wise) in TurboCAD. At any rate, I hope that you like it.

Here is the Shorpy link if you are curious: http://www.shorpy.com/node/21972

* April 16, 2017, 02:20:58 PM
That looks great, Don.

Henry H

* April 16, 2017, 03:04:20 PM
Nice building work Don,  though for me the cars would suit a greyscale image rather than a coloured image,

April 17, 2017, 01:01:37 AM
As anyone ever called you a Master? Let me be the 250th person to do so, Great Work.

RMc____
In preparing for battle, planning is essential, but plans are useless . . . Dwight David Eisenhower
v 19.2 Pro Platinum 64 bit
v 14.2 Pro
Turbo Floor Plan Pro v 15
Windows 10 x 64 Home

* April 20, 2017, 01:27:42 PM
Curious as to what the circular curb and railing's are about. Love historical or just old buildings.

TC 2017 Plat. x32 / x64 (LightWorks)
Win 10 Pro 64.
i7-3770 16 GB. Ram.
Nivda GeForce GTX 970 4 GB.

April 20, 2017, 02:37:10 PM
Thanks for having a look and for the nice comments.

Ken, maybe that is where they through the loafers. :-)

Seriously, the only thing I could guess, was maybe ventilation/heating between floors. Just a guess though....

* April 20, 2017, 05:36:19 PM
Lovely, Don, and a great choice of inspiration, too.  Some of the Shorpy collections are moving to browse, and all of them are interesting.  Had to chuckle at your asserting the Canadian Red Cross over the US'!.    I'm wondering if the curved pits are vents to a vaulted basement or a water tank?   It's amazing that those deep, immense concrete beams and floor above are supported on quite spindly timber colums.  Google street view shows a five or six-storey apartment block at the location now. 

April 20, 2017, 06:01:22 PM
Lovely, Don, and a great choice of inspiration, too.  Some of the Shorpy collections are moving to browse, and all of them are interesting.  Had to chuckle at your asserting the Canadian Red Cross over the US'!.    I'm wondering if the curved pits are vents to a vaulted basement or a water tank?   It's amazing that those deep, immense concrete beams and floor above are supported on quite spindly timber colums.  Google street view shows a five or six-storey apartment block at the location now. 

Thanks Murray,

I didn't feel like designing a sign so I just did a Google image search for antique red cross signage, or something like that, and the one I found seemed about right for the scene. It is surprising how few there was to choose from.

May 01, 2017, 08:39:16 PM
Really nice work Don !

Jean

TC  Pro Platinum 2015 with Lightworks
Windows 10, Intel Core I7-4710 @ 2.5ghz
16 gigs RAM, Nvidia GeForce 840M (2gigs)

* June 07, 2017, 12:18:23 PM
That's a great imge Don. The light is very natural. Thanks for sharing,

Rob

* June 07, 2017, 01:17:30 PM
You make cool renders Don. Continue amazing us please.