TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

All posts discussing pricing or where to buy TurboCAD will be deleted.

1001 questions
Read 1147 times
* April 10, 2017, 09:28:43 PM
Hi everyone

This is all new 2 me, so maybe its best to introduce myself.
I'm living in rural western Australia ( about a 3 hours drive east of Perth) and the plan is to build a house on the little block we bought.
After reading a lot of reviews on the net I decided that turbo cad deluxe is probably the best choice for me to help me in designing and drawing the plans for our house.
Last week I finally bought turbo cad deluxe and started to explore this program.
It turns out that the included help is not much help at all for me.
I have no experience with software like this and on the internet is not much to find for people like me with zero experience.
to make things even more complicate, my rural living means that I'm very limited in my internet provider.
At this point I have 2 wireless G4 plans each with a total traffic of 9.5 GB each, that makes 19GB a month of total traffic.
Needles to say that I cant start downloading all those you tube movies about Turbo Cad.
I know that software like this has a steep learning curve ( couple of years ago on evening school  I fooled around with Autocad for a couple of hours ) so I know what I have to expect.
I know this forum has many people that want to help others in answering their questions.
But I'm very serious about this, ( for the next 30 days I arranged my work in a way that I can spend 4 hours a day on Turbo cad.
I'm just wondering if this is the right place for me to flood you all with the prob. 1000's of questions that I will encounter on my way in becoming an experienced user of Turbo Cad
Warm Regards

« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 09:32:24 PM by altcad17 »

April 11, 2017, 01:03:06 AM
Normally, I'd recommend one on Don Cheke's tutorials, but they are intended for the Pro Platinum version of the software.

So... I would think your best best would be to buy the 2D and 3D tutorials available from IMSI Design.

The Australian vendor's page is here: http://www.mindscape.com.au/software/cad-fundamentals-v2-2d-training-on-cd-rom-for-turbocad.do

This will give you the familiarity you need to understand the user interface, how to use the software and an overview of the capabilities.  However, I believe this book is a few years old, so you won't get a complete overview of all the capabilities.  For that, you would be well advised to use the on-disk manual (because of your internet limitations) and just stroll through the table of contents to see what interests you.

Of course, any specific questions you have can be asked here.

Jeff

TC Pro Platinum 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016 & 2015 (all with LightWorks & RedSDK) & V21
System: i7-5820K @ 3.30GHz, ASRock X99 Extreme4, 16GB DDR4-2133 RAM, Gigabyte GTX 970, Samsung NVMe SSD 950 (256GB), Windows 7 Pro (64-bit) SP1

* April 11, 2017, 01:32:34 AM
Thx for the info Jef

The trainning CD is already on its way:-)

btw, Is it necessary to fill in this Verification thing every time I post a message or a reply? those damn things are so hard to read, is there a way around? after all we are confirmed users.

* April 11, 2017, 02:58:52 AM

btw, Is it necessary to fill in this Verification thing every time I post a message or a reply? those damn things are so hard to read, is there a way around? after all we are confirmed users.

Many have commented on the verification,  it goes away after one has posted on the forum for something like 20 posts, (it was 20 in 2014 but don't know if its changed since then),  after which one can log straight in.