TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Be sure your post is relevant to the current discussion.  Create a new topic within the appropriate board if you are unsure.

Bring back vba
Read 4283 times
* August 06, 2015, 12:41:01 AM
Dear IMSIDesign
please make vba again available. Best include it in the professional edition, or as an addon.
That´s what I found at
==============================
http://summsoft.com/faq-about-vba-sdk-support/
FAQ ABOUT VBA SDK SUPPORT
Frequently Asked Questions:
Effective July 1, 2015, Microsoft will no longer be requiring payment or reporting of royalties for those customers with VBA and/or VSTA Licenses.
=======================================
To remember:
vba is very efficient , very fast and has a very good developer environment (IDE)
and
In those days, when vba was integrated in TC the developer corner was very vivid (compared to almost dead corner now)

@other users: Please support this if you like to see vba back in TC

best regards
Bernd

* August 06, 2015, 01:13:41 AM
I'll second this.

I tried to do a very simple task which works perfectly controlling TC from Excel VBA but fails using Script (in Animation Lab or Macro palette).

## Edit ## posted link in normal wish list pointing to this thread # End Edit #
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 07:15:35 AM by Andy H »

* August 06, 2015, 08:13:44 AM
Yup. I'd like to have VBA back. Had to revert to an earlier TCad version to do a particular job.

Henry H

* August 08, 2015, 01:35:04 PM
Now this is definitely the best free to add back on thread I have read in a long time, while I agree that languages like ruby can be an advantage I see lots of potential with vba as lots are familiar with the language and syntax. I for one would certainly welcome it!

August 13, 2015, 03:03:10 PM
Thanks for the info we'll investigate.

Thanks,
Dave Taylor
TurboCAD Product Manager

September 15, 2015, 12:24:20 PM
7.1. VBA provides native support for 64-bit Windows.
Ruby is to complex compared to Python and both can not do what VBA does without someone's wrapper. Everything can be hammered into a fit but for simplicity VBA 7.x with x64 support would be a good thing.
Visual Studio Community 2015 is free and includes Python, C++. Visual Basic, C#, F# and the kitchen sink.
It does not include VBA SDK 7.1, you need a MSDN subscription to gain access to the SDK, which of course your programming staff has.
Have your programmers add VBA 7.1 to the next build, should take ten minutes

TurboCad V12~V2x Platinum Pro Edition + CAM Plug-In +  Surface Modeling + Survey Coordinates RedSDK
Production: Windows 10 Pro 1709 OS 16299.19
x64 I7 12GB NVIDIA Quadro
-- Test Dual Xeon 16GB Windows 10 Pro 1709 Quadro
Hobby User

* June 24, 2016, 05:11:26 AM
Any news on this?

July 27, 2016, 09:36:05 AM
We tried to reach out to the company now in charge of VBA and were informed there is no opportunity to utilize VBA within TC.
There are a small handful of companies given legacy support and we are not one of them.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 12:31:46 PM by Dave Taylor »

Thanks,
Dave Taylor
TurboCAD Product Manager

* July 27, 2016, 10:59:33 AM
Thanks for the update Dave.

Though admittedly not the outcome we were hoping for, at least we know for sure vba cannot return.. 

* August 11, 2016, 11:34:12 PM
Hello Dave
thanks for investigating this issue.
I’d rather like to read another message  :(
So – I will stick on my 32-bit Version and continue to use VB6.
best regards
Bernd

December 09, 2016, 08:07:31 PM
The application of a good supported programming language that runs alongside Turbocad is imperative in my opinion, Turbocad has a vast array of excellent tools now but is still lacking in the automation of these tools. Autocad was so successful early days because of the usage of autolisp routines that were easy to implement for the average user and all manor of applications that helped workflow were developed. I remember back in version v4.5 or 6 we had a cut down version of autolisp that they called turbolisp but it did not really have the backup for further development.Lots of Turbocad users who used the vba facility gradually faded away and along with them went a wealth of programming knowledge associated with Turbocad and there needs to be an emphasis on getting that up and running again even to the point of running competitions that would draw people back and hopefully this would lead to the development of lots of utility routines that run alongside Turbocad.

The further development of the parametric symbols software that was tested out at one stage would also be well worth some input as the days of holding blocks for common parts is no longer feasible as we all know how long it takes to find a block when you have thousands of them and the parametric parts would reduce this down to about 10 percent or less for most industries.

This is not a gripe but more a desire to see the automation facets available to people in the different cad related industries with a language that is easy to use and has some ongoing technical backup.