TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Remember to do a search before you ask a question!!!

Set to 2D
Read 1229 times
* March 11, 2017, 12:16:43 PM
I have TurboCAD Deluxe 21 and recently had to reinstall it due to my PC getting messed up and now that I have it all reinstalled I can't see how to get it to operate in 2D mode.  I've looked through all the menu's and can't find anything that clearly toggles between 2D and 3D mode and I'd rather not do the "try this" then "try that" game and wind up with the system totally hosed.  So, what's the secret to setting TC 21 to 2D mode?

Brian

* March 11, 2017, 12:23:06 PM
Click on the Toggle 2D/3D button down on the Inspector bar, 2 button after the input field.

Torfinn

V18, V19, V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17/ 18 Pro. Platinum
Deluxe V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Home Premium 64 bit, 32 GB
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780m, 1 GB

* March 11, 2017, 04:01:15 PM
What Torfinn is referring to is the Selector Tool's mode-- 2D or 3D, available when the Selector Tool is active.  It's also available via the Local Menu when the Selector Tool is active.

I often read from Users here stating in one form or another that they want to work in 2D mode or 3D mode.  I don't think there is such a thing (I would appreciate if someone corrected me on that, if that's not correct).  It's only the Selector Tool that has the "mode".  Using Deluxe, Pro, or ProPlatinum, the ability to draw 2D or 3D entities is always available-- I'm pretty sure that's correct.

If one draws only on the World Workplane, inserts only 2D objects, never inadvertently changes the objects' or active Workplane (User Coordinate System) to other than the World Workplane, never toggles the Selector Tool to 3D mode, keeps the Selector Tool toggled to 2D mode, and always keeps their view set to World Plan View, one would always being drawing in 2D only.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 04:32:28 PM by Alvin Gregorio »

Alvin Gregorio
(mostly Residential Architectural 2D; no formal CAD Training; intermittent TurboCAD user since yr. 2000 [ver6.5])
---TurboCAD: V20.2PP(57.0)[as of 3/12/15]; V19DL(54.2); V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)

* March 13, 2018, 03:59:29 PM
I am in the middle of this 2D/3D junk. I have been drawing 2D for 20 years w/TurboCad, (1,000's of files) after  upgrading the 3D monster has invaded.
Prior the latest upgrade I had designer/deluxe option and one of them only worked in 2D. The latest upgrade does not have this and I am going nuts trying use the 2D/3D monster. Once I made the mistake of infecting my files with 3D everything got messed up! Scales etc! Is there someway of shutting of 3D?

rjt4054

* March 13, 2018, 05:28:23 PM
I am in the middle of this 2D/3D junk. I have been drawing 2D for 20 years w/TurboCad, (1,000's of files) after  upgrading the 3D monster has invaded.
Prior the latest upgrade I had designer/deluxe option and one of them only worked in 2D. The latest upgrade does not have this and I am going nuts trying use the 2D/3D monster. Once I made the mistake of infecting my files with 3D everything got messed up! Scales etc! Is there someway of shutting of 3D?

20 years and 1000.s of files ..... Then you are using files that was created from the days of >> V4 V6 V9 etc <<

Below is a link to the subject of 2D 3D selector properties ..... 
https://turbocaddoc.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/TC21UG/pages/14319749/2D+-+3D+Selector

If you click on the V21 programs HELP file ... then your V21 manual should fire up for some reading.

To LOCK it into 2D mode ... you will need to set the SELECT in 2D mode ... but this does not fix the position of WORKPLANES
Everytime you import a old drawing into V21 ... all you have to do is remember the sequence, "Place on Workplane.

The other way is .... MODEL SPACE is 3D ... and PAPER SPACE is 2D
So if you want 2D locked ... Try using Paperspace as your Main Drawing Area ... rather than Model Space..

If your adding your TC drawing to other peoples DWG drawings ... then somewhere within the info above should be the solution.
You just need to Plan for a method of TC file insert, rather than Insert TC file.

If your files are not loving the TC 21 environment ... Then just talk to a Tech ... and have them build a Computer that suits the version of Windows and TC that works for you.

I still have a working XP machine with TC14 plat that i use to get me out of trouble when using older files.

Cheers
Mike