TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Be sure your post is relevant to the current discussion.  Create a new topic within the appropriate board if you are unsure.

CAM Tutorial Problem
Read 651 times
* March 08, 2017, 07:48:02 PM
The CAM tutorial is extremely hard to read on screen or printed, this should be updated to a pdf file. It doesn't matter how I view it's a real hard to read the values and enter them into the Tool Setup.

After completing the 1st tutorial I've got a problem with the coordinates of the object position in relation to the 3D modelling view. It's offset and I'm not sure why, this part of the tutorial is easy to read, otherwise I followed it to the letter.

Any ideas?

Daz

Thanks Daz ( Darryl )
Using TCW 2015, 2016 & 2017 Platinum, Animation Lab V5, Graficalc & Windows 10 using Lightworks mostly

Good better best
Never let it rest
Until your good is better
And your better is best

* March 08, 2017, 08:08:59 PM
Copy & Paste from CAM Topic: TIP: Space Units & Numeric Precision Setting  (Read 2656 times)
"When you set up a CAM file, I have a preset template just for my CAM projects, make sure that your space units on your drawing are set to "10" & in the "CAM Palette Options" set this to full precision. If this is not done there can be inconsistencies with what you have
drawn & the g-code output for the same part."

This may well be the issue that I've got but the set to "10" is unclear, whats that mean?

I also did notice that when in plan view that the grid is not visible at all when I zoom to extents in tcw 2016 32 bit, yet when I check in tcw 2016 64 bit it's ok?

Daz

Thanks Daz ( Darryl )
Using TCW 2015, 2016 & 2017 Platinum, Animation Lab V5, Graficalc & Windows 10 using Lightworks mostly

Good better best
Never let it rest
Until your good is better
And your better is best