TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Be sure your post is relevant to the current discussion.  Create a new topic within the appropriate board if you are unsure.

Lightworks Render
Read 562 times
* February 10, 2017, 05:16:09 PM
SparkSafe.png
Render for comparison.

SparkSafe SE Quality.png
The 1st render testing Henry & Jeff ideas, with changes to Lighting specifics inside the image.
Initial lighting power was 1 for both the Ambient & Headlight.
Changed the values to:
Ambient:  3
Headlight: 1.5 
Wow what a difference.
Added the lights position to this render so that others can work out their physical location from the wire mode

model.

SparkSafe SE Quality Tyres Black.png
Used the same settings above but killed off the material: Rubber for the tyres and changed it to black colour only,

now were getting better.

Text clarity on the cylinders is somewhat ok, It would be nice if it was darker. But what I've learnt is that as you

add more power to the light source everything becomes lighter in colour.

Rotated Text.png
The rotated text is another problem, while I got good results with the rotation. The file size blew out by 26Mb extra

for the SparkSafe.tcw file. Is there a better way to rotate without such a big increase in the file size?

Rotated by using the 'Bend to path Tool'. (Thanks Andy H, source from turbocad community website)

Thanks Henry, Jeff for your tips. Getting there slowly!

Oh fwiw: I read 50 pages of Henry's 'A Photorealism In TurboCAD(R).pdf' last nite and my head is still spinning :-)

Know have the use of photoshop and I'm wondering if there's any benefit in going further to achieve better results,

does anyone have any ideas here?

Daz

Darryl
TCW 2015 Platinum, TCW 2016 Platinum, TCW 2017 Platinum, Graficalc & Windows 10
using Lightworks & Redsdk

* February 10, 2017, 05:29:49 PM
re: …does anyone have any ideas here?

Have you tried "Perspective"? "35" to "55" can improve the look of things.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015, 2016, 2017
Designer, Deluxe, Basic, Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10, 64-bit

* February 10, 2017, 05:32:57 PM
Hi John R

I've seen Don refer to perspective view and I always wondered how he did it, so I'll look it up.

Thanks

Daz

Darryl

* February 10, 2017, 05:46:04 PM
Also wondering if could/should consider a background image of something like an industrial setting of an lpg terminal site.

Do they exists and if so are they easy to add to the current render?

Thanks

Daz

Darryl

* February 10, 2017, 06:18:20 PM
"Perspective" can be found in "Camera Properties" (Ctrl+Alt+C or right-click a render teacup) on the "Camera" page.

Backgrounds can be founds in the "Environments" palette; look under "Images". I doubt if there's anything there that you'll like, but you can see how it's made and make you own. To apply, go to "Options / Render Scene Environment" and pick a Category and Environment.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015, 2016, 2017
Designer, Deluxe, Basic, Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10, 64-bit

* February 10, 2017, 07:17:12 PM
Instead of rotating or bending text in 3D, I'd suggest that you create a .jpg image of the label and wrap it onto a shell of a copy of the cylinder, then slice away the unwanted parts of the shell and reposition what's left. The file size increase will be a small fraction of the increase caused by bending 3D text. (Look at pp 24-29 & 90-91 in my book.) You can achieve a bit of 3D effect in the label text by applying a "Link to Color" Texture.

Henry H
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 07:20:48 PM by Henry Hubich »

* February 11, 2017, 02:02:20 AM
Thanks to Henry & John R

I get now with perpective, I've  always used named views and never used perspective. Now I'm  sold on it.

Henry I will try your method instead.

Will post updates soon.
Thanks again.
Daz

Darryl

* February 11, 2017, 07:06:08 AM
Modelling looks great,  for lighting, I don't like to rely on Ambient too much and although I always use one, its usually turned down quite low,  I normally have 3 lights, a low Ambient, (I just use design director to put the colour towards black), medium to low headlight, and a point or directional, position of ambient and headline doesn't matter (its ignored), but positioning of point lights does matter if its used.

I'd certainly go with Henry's suggestion of a label, 3D text is good for some stuff but for labels with a lot of text it isn't ideal.

February 15, 2017, 10:55:30 AM
Hello Aussie, very nice work.
About background images, I'd direct you to my sailboat model against a photo background here.
If you Googled "warehouse images" or "industrial plant images" or "factory images" or the like, I'm sure you could find several that you could copy and save and use as a background in environments. By adjusting the angle of your perspective view to match an image you can create a believable render.
Good Luck.

RMc____
In preparing for battle, planning is essential, but plans are useless . . . Dwight David Eisenhower
v 19.2 Pro Platinum 64 bit
v 14.2 Pro
Turbo Floor Plan Pro v 15
Windows 10 x 64 Home

* February 15, 2017, 12:07:59 PM
Hey McSlash thanks for the tip.

Daz

Darryl