TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

Inspector bar available as a palette or invoked by hot key
Read 674 times
* January 19, 2017, 08:38:09 PM
I'm using small-screen devices these days, with the inspector bar floating in the drawing window to give a little more real estate.  I think that having the IB as a palette that auto-activates separately from the other palettes would be convenient, or even the floating IB auto-activating like a palette.  An alternative would be a button or the ability to assign a hot key/SEKE to invoke the IB, so that it could be shut off when it's not needed, and summoned without having to shuffle through the toolbar dialogue.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 08:47:25 PM by murray dickinson »

* January 19, 2017, 08:59:59 PM
Hotkey ability is already available for the Inspector Bar. You get to choose what that hotkey will be.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015, 2016, 2017
Designer, Deluxe, Expert, Basic, Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10, 64-bit

* January 20, 2017, 07:48:22 AM
I'm using small-screen devices these days, with the inspector bar floating in the drawing window to give a little more real estate.  I think that having the IB as a palette that auto-activates separately from the other palettes would be convenient, or even the floating IB auto-activating like a palette.  An alternative would be a button or the ability to assign a hot key/SEKE to invoke the IB, so that it could be shut off when it's not needed, and summoned without having to shuffle through the toolbar dialogue.

That's the way my installation is set up -- a floating IBar and a custom hotkey to toggle its visiblilty. To assign your own, click the "Customize controls" icon, go to Keyboard>All Commands, and scroll to "Inspector Bar."

Henry H

* January 20, 2017, 12:50:01 PM
Perfect!  Thanks Henry!