TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Be sure your post is relevant to the current discussion.  Create a new topic within the appropriate board if you are unsure.

civil design suite
Read 823 times
* August 19, 2016, 08:33:01 AM
unable to make software work in real time. Can anyone simply the operation of how software work

* August 19, 2016, 09:28:54 AM
In the beginning i crash all the time as i normally work in mm and did the same in Civil, not a good idea :), changing to meter was the thing that solved it for me in metric system
I dont import points as i am in RedSDK mode, i insert the file, work like a charm, and i let Civil scale it from Imperial to Metric, then i got a "playground" :), so i scale it one more time by 1 000 and have an area of 3,6 x 2.4 km about, that will take long time to work With for testing, so now in the last one i cut out an interesting area and delete the rest of the Points, that is now about 850 x 820 meter, much quicker to work with.
Select them with a window if you dont have very good time :) and make the Triangles and close the Points layer
Select the Triangles, again With a a window and make a Contour (10 to 1 go quick in meter), easy to se where i want the road to go
draw the polyline for road and/ or plot's
Select the Contour with "Select by" and delete it
Map the roadline to the Triangles, normally the biggest thing i later want to cut, so take that one first, dont be to close  to edges, i find 2-3 meter distance is ok, normally i have even bigger distance
Close the 2D polyline and select the 3D, ( sometimes the 3D need to be closed and opened again before it show up :)
Select Create Road, set the parameters and you got a road, not cheat in how many cross section you want :), i did that, set the distance so i would just get 1, i dont need to see or make them, i want the road:)
It set in Automatic one in the beginning and one in the end and one after the distance, so i got a road that go from start, to center of Extents, to section 2 by my distance and the to the end of the line, a funny road, so i learned to use 10 meter like is the most common in Norway, at least on small roads, work like a charm, lesson learned :):)
Select the Road Boundary and then click on Side slope to Surface, adjust the angle if you want, ok and the sides come up, Close everything about the road and the Inside of the slope, then you are left With a closed poly, select that and pick the sisser for cut hole.
Close inside of it when finish, Close triangles as you now have a Outside "name" and a Boundary "name
I give New name to all 6 parts, every time i do this.

Select again by window and make a New active surface, make the slope on the plot if you have, Close layer for side and top, Select bottom line and then sisser for cut, Select left side if you want it to og Down and outwards to the terrain, ok and when it is finish, Close the New inside, repeat the closing of the Outer and Boundary after how many cut's you need.
When finish
Open all the parts you want to see, side,top, road etc, Select them by window, make active surface, make contour, finish :)

After my first 2 days With crashing :), i have made a habit of saving between every thing i do, even after selecting something i do a save, just in case, in my crazy head i believe that something is released in the system when doing so :)
Anyway, if i then have a crash, delete the dwl, open, make a New active surface and i am ready to go, dont need to rebuild something :)

Torfinn

Edit;
Open the helpfile for Civil and a bit down there you should see a link to a movie i believe, makeRoad or somthing like that, there you will have the basic steps.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 09:33:18 AM by Torfinn »

V18, V19, V20, V21, 2015 Pro. Platinum
Deluxe V20, V21, 2015
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Home Premium 64 bit, 32 GB
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780m, 1 GB

* September 06, 2016, 02:23:21 PM
Cross Section Plan View Object Properties can not be edited.
Kai and Torffinn showed this in there movie. I am working to fix this.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 02:29:51 PM by jerry.simington »

* September 06, 2016, 03:07:15 PM
Hi Jerry

He cant see the movie as it is inside Beta.
But when you work on/ with cross sections, will it be possible to get them in a sort of table, else the "line" with cross sections can be very long :)

Torfinn

Deluxe V20, V21, 2015
RedSDK enabled

* September 06, 2016, 03:13:41 PM
Hi Jerry

He cant see the movie as it is inside Beta.
But when you work on/ with cross sections, will it be possible to get them in a sort of table, else the "line" with cross sections can be very long :)

Torfinn

You are correct. I don't know about TC tables so I need to go through the SDK documentation.

* October 07, 2016, 12:33:02 PM
It looks like a TruboCAD table only contains text and not drawing elements.

I thought that the "paper space" was the way to go but I can't figure out how to put drawing objects into a paper space or layout by hand manually. If I could do it by hand then it might give clues.

* October 07, 2016, 01:12:24 PM
Hi Jerry

Thanks for looking in to it
It dont need to be in a "table", it is the look like a table i think about.
In other words, the user can chose if they want 2,3,4,... coloumns and then how many rows that will be nessesary, will come Automatic deepending on how many sections there is and size of the paper/ scale factor, same thing with how many "paper" they will need to print out all of them
That will make them more "printer friendly" and more easy to make a viewport of to set in to P Space if you need to go that route in TC.
Or you can make x number of them to fit in a A4 or A3 paper i. e., portrait maybe, but they have to be by a scalefactor, possible to choose/ write the scale, just like we can in P Space today with a drawing in TC.

Torfinn

Deluxe V20, V21, 2015
RedSDK enabled

* October 11, 2016, 02:35:37 PM
The application does not assume a format for the data. That means that when you open the text file in ImportPoints.exe that you must tell it what the delimiter is, space, comma , tab, or whatever. In this case it is a space... see delimiter.png.

Check the preview.

Also, if there is no index field and there is no note field in the data file so uncheck them in the delimiter screen.

Check the last line in the point list and uncheck it if there is no data there or it will create a point at 0,0 
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 02:44:07 PM by jerry.simington »