TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

Any plans for 64 bit Furniture Maker ?
Read 1168 times
* August 11, 2016, 10:50:58 AM
Hello

Just wondering if there are any plans to add 64 bit compatibility for the furniture maker plug in. Currently I am starting out with TurboCAD Deluxe and then the plan is to upgrade to the Pro version in 2 - 3 months.

If there is no plan to add 64 bit to 'FM' - is it okay to run it on my current 64 bit set up or do I need to install the 32 bit version of TC also ?

In addition, do I absolutely need the Lightworks plugin for FM ?

and lastly... if I'm planning to eventually use the pro version of TC do I really need FM at all - what is the main advantage of using the FM plug in ?

Clive
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 01:03:31 AM by cct »

* August 11, 2016, 11:50:11 PM
Hi

I found the most relevant answer to my questions in this previous post thanks:

http://forums.turbocad.com/index.php/topic,18135.0.html

Should have read this post first, what has been said makes a whole lot of sense.

Thanks to Tim Stewart and WillR

Regards

Clive

EDIT: Hmmm, after reading a lot more posts in the furniture maker forum, I am convinced that my best option is to head for TurboCAD pro only, for now anyways!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 12:14:15 AM by cct »

* August 12, 2016, 11:15:28 AM
Update:

I contacted IMSI support about a 64 bit possibility for Furniture  Maker and I have been told by Bob Mayer that the developer of Furniture Maker is currently working on a 64 bit version and it should be ready by late fall this year.
So it seems things will be looking up for this plug in after all.

Clive

* October 11, 2016, 03:00:33 PM
That would be nice.

I have my computers (and FM and TC 21) working again. My shop should be back together again after a move to new quarters.

A 64 bit version would be nice to see and I would definitely buy!

WillR
SW:TC 21 Pro Platinum, FM15, 20 Pro Platinum 64 Bit, also V 19.1 64Bit & 32 bit 17.2 and 18.1; Furniture Maker 14 and 10. HW: Vista 64 Ultimate, AMD 1090 (6 core) 8GB memory Plus also an AMD  8 core systemFX