TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

morphing materials
Read 1133 times
August 06, 2016, 08:45:50 AM
I have in mind a large object like a long 2” X 4” wood pine lumber but having an area near its end that’s quite detailed, enough to warrant see through material (like glass) showing specifics better.  Could you gradually morph from one material to another as opposed to showing the whole part in glass for the sake of a small area?

August 06, 2016, 10:52:37 AM
Most of the time, to get the results of the kind you mention it works well to make two different renders of the the same item with each having the different materials and then do some stacked layers and feathered erasing in PhotoShop or other image editing program.

If the attached are not like what you had in mind can you ,post an example of what you are after.

* August 06, 2016, 12:05:23 PM
I have in mind a large object like a long 2” X 4” wood pine lumber but having an area near its end that’s quite detailed, enough to warrant see through material (like glass) showing specifics better.  Could you gradually morph from one material to another as opposed to showing the whole part in glass for the sake of a small area?

If you want to make just a portion of the object more-or-less transparent, consider creating a material with "Wrapped Mask" Transparency.

Henry H

August 06, 2016, 12:53:56 PM
Here is a short video I created to illustrate the ghosting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWaQ2zLzmm0

I realized only later that this was a wish list topic.

August 06, 2016, 01:13:24 PM
As Henry says, you can also try a transparency but perhaps use a gradient for the transparency.

I prefer using PhotoShop for  this type of thing as a user has more control with the feathering.

August 06, 2016, 03:55:37 PM
Gents:

That’s it!

Thanks,

Bob