TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Remember to do a search before you ask a question!!!

Object trim tool cut multiple lines in same times
Read 1487 times
July 24, 2016, 10:19:39 AM
I wish Object trim tool will able to cut multiple lines between two lines in one action. See this topic

http://forums.turbocad.com/index.php/topic,19452.0.html

I would need regularly for a tool like this

Jean Bernier

TC  Pro Platinum 2015 with Lightworks
Windows 10, Intel Core I7-4710 @ 2.5ghz
16 gigs RAM, Nvidia GeForce 840M (2gigs)

* July 24, 2016, 11:33:32 AM
Confirm

Torfinn

V18, V19, V20, V21, 2015 Pro. Platinum
Deluxe V20, V21, 2015
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Home Premium 64 bit, 32 GB
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780m, 1 GB

* July 24, 2016, 12:08:08 PM
A good wish.

And shouldn't be difficult to program, just add a button to turn on the selection method, after shift selecting the cut lines, use the code from the start of the multi shrink tool to get the selection, and include the selection in a for-next loop for the trim.

* July 24, 2016, 06:16:05 PM
I wish Object trim tool will able to cut multiple lines between two lines in one action. See this topic

Jean Bernier

You can do this with the correct trim tool and or in LTE mode.
Default work space look for the trim tool icon that has a single horizontal line and a single angled line at one end. I'm not sure if you have it in your work space configuration
Select the tool > enter > drag select middle area.

LTE mode
command > trim > enter > enter > drag select the middle area.

"What do I know, I'm still learning"..
Windows 7 64 bit HP > on a stock HP laptop with 4gb-2.4 GHz.Turbocad 2016-2017, TurboCad Platinum 21(Best working version,IMHO) Using Lightworks for reliability/stability and testing redsdk, Anilab lab 5, Renditioner Pro V3. ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4500/5100

* July 25, 2016, 12:33:26 AM
What you know Dean :)

It's named Trim in Customize/ Commands/

Torfinn

Deluxe V20, V21, 2015
RedSDK enabled

* July 25, 2016, 06:51:05 AM

Jean Bernier

You can do this with the correct trim tool and or in LTE mode.
Default work space look for the trim tool icon that has a single horizontal line and a single angled line at one end. I'm not sure if you have it in your work space configuration
Select the tool > enter > drag select middle area.

LTE mode
command > trim > enter > enter > drag select the middle area.

That's great, Dean. I had tried that without success, but tried again after reading your post. Turns out that in order to make it work, all the lines have to be on the same Workplane. I should have realized that, but -- strangely IMO -- it's not necessary when using "Multi Shrink/Extend Line."

Henry H

July 25, 2016, 01:08:50 PM
Hi guys,

I'm confused on what you're talking about. I tried what you proposed Dean but it's not working :-( I tried to configure LTE UI and I cannot find where I can set it up

Can you guide me please ?

I have TC 2015 Platinum

* July 25, 2016, 02:39:57 PM
If you go to Tools/ Customize/ Commands you will find it, or you can just rightclick in a free area over the drawing area and the Customize meny will open, and go from there, the Cuztoize can be placed different plazes depeending if what config you use, my examle is from a "Normal Metric"
Scroll down to Trim, select it and just drag it over to any toolbar you want, i did put it next to the "normal" Object Trim tool.

In the same Customize menu, go to options second from top is Workspace, click on the small arrov there, that will let you choose between Default or LTE.

How to use it

Select the 2 lines that is Your borders, click on the flag or rightclick and select Finish selection, then you can click in the drawing and drag a window that crossing the lines you want to trim between the cutting lines, then click finish one more time, and what you want happens :)
NB !! it have to be from right to left when you Select last time, else it will only trim the first one.

Torfinn

Deluxe V20, V21, 2015
RedSDK enabled

* July 25, 2016, 05:15:00 PM
Dean's Tip works like a champ in version-20 as well.

Used the "Trim" tool, not the "Object Trim".  I am working with the "Default Workspace", not the "LTE Workspace".

Thanks Dean!  I'll add the Trim Tool to my preferred custom Workspace Configuration.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 05:18:48 PM by Alvin Gregorio »

Alvin Gregorio
(mostly Residential Architectural 2D; no formal CAD Training; intermittent TurboCAD user since yr. 2000 [ver6.5])
---TurboCAD: V20.2PP(57.0)[as of 3/12/15]; V19DL(54.2); V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)

July 26, 2016, 01:39:47 AM
Dean's Tip works like a champ in version-20 as well.

Used the "Trim" tool, not the "Object Trim".  I am working with the "Default Workspace", not the "LTE Workspace".

Thanks Dean!  I'll add the Trim Tool to my preferred custom Workspace Configuration.

Alvin,

I figured it was better than nothing!  ;D
Whilst each trimmed line has to be undone one at a time, it works as linuxbbas requires.
However, methinks, there's still room for a little improvement, with this tool.
Thanks for all the info.

Regards tim

You can design without engineering, but you cannot engineer without design.
Testing/using with Win 10 and various TurboCAD 64-bit versions.

July 26, 2016, 03:00:33 AM
It's awesome ! It's working exactly how I want :)

Is it working in both LTE and Normal User interface

Thanks Torfinn for your tip, it will really helpfull for me and, I'm sure, it will for many others users

Thanks every body to take your time and efforts to solve my problem !

Suggestion : make this tool more accessible

Have a great day !