TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When replying to a specific statement be sure to quote the previous post.

2015 Deluxe TCW Files saved to STL Format / Upload 3D file to Shapeways
Read 759 times
* July 18, 2016, 02:17:07 AM
I use TurboCad 2105 Deluxe. I have Saved a TCW File to STL Format with the intention of then Uploading to "Shapeways".

My question is:
How do I know whether the STL File Format uploaded to "Shapeways" is what was drawn as a TCW File?

I have tried opening the STL File to find the 3D drawing is distorted.
Have tried saving as a PDF File (As I would normally do with TCW Files when saved as DWG Files to determine errors) to find the 3D drawing is distorted.

What do I have to do to give me assurance that the STL File sent is what was originally drawn.

IAS

July 18, 2016, 04:16:14 AM
IAS,

could you please post an example of a file which is causing you problems?
It would help . . .

Regards Tim

You can design without engineering, but you cannot engineer without design.
Testing/using with Win 10 and various TurboCAD 64-bit versions.

July 18, 2016, 05:38:51 AM
I use TurboCad 2105 Deluxe. I have Saved a TCW File to STL Format with the intention of then Uploading to "Shapeways".

My question is:
How do I know whether the STL File Format uploaded to "Shapeways" is what was drawn as a TCW File?

I have tried opening the STL File to find the 3D drawing is distorted.
Have tried saving as a PDF File (As I would normally do with TCW Files when saved as DWG Files to determine errors) to find the 3D drawing is distorted.

What do I have to do to give me assurance that the STL File sent is what was originally drawn.

IAS

You will see an orbitable 3D preview after you upload to Shapeways.

* July 18, 2016, 10:15:18 PM
The surest and easiest way would be to try it in your own slicer; there are several to choose from, usually free to download and use. The one I use is called CURA. Just use it to open the STL you create, then you will see exactly what is going to be printed.

Gary Wooding
Win10 64-bit,
TC21.2 x64 Plat, Bld59
TC16.2 Plat, Bld54.0
TCC 3.5

* July 19, 2016, 10:17:33 AM
Gentlemen
               Thank you for the prompt replies to my initial question.

Don - Before I even saw your response I decided to upload my STL File to "Shapeways" as I had nothing to lose. I was pleasantly  surprised with the preview given of my drawing. It has subsequently gone to print so obviously nothing wrong with the drawing or file format. Looking forward to delivery of the final product.

I consider this Thread now closed.

IAS