TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

SCAN function like DesignCAD has
Read 1794 times
* July 12, 2016, 10:57:54 PM
Wish there were a better way to scan in old CAD line art instead of scanning in DesignCAD and importing.

July 13, 2016, 10:33:33 AM
We do offer Magic Tracer.  I have not tried it myself but we have been selling it for several years and I have not heard of any complaints about it.
https://www.turbocad.com/solutions/graphic-utilities/file-conversion/magictracer.html

Thanks,
Dave Taylor
TurboCAD Product Manager

* July 14, 2016, 05:38:57 PM
I have downloaded and tried Magic Tracer.   It seems to do exactly what it's supposed to do and more.  I decided not to buy it because there is no hardcopy manual.   I hate HTML manuals.

July 15, 2016, 11:55:40 AM
I can see if there is a PDF version.  Would that be acceptable?

Thanks,
Dave Taylor
TurboCAD Product Manager

* July 15, 2016, 03:52:05 PM
Wish there were a better way to scan in old CAD line art instead of scanning in DesignCAD and importing.
The professional 32 bit version has a trace app. You can open it from the tools menu in TC or open the app from the Turbocad program folder. Look for it, it's called "trace app" and there's more options when opening it from the TC program folder. It doesn't work in 64 bit.

"What do I know, I'm still learning"..
Windows 7 64 bit HP > on a stock HP laptop with 4gb-2.4 GHz.Turbocad 2016-2017, TurboCad Platinum 21(Best working version,IMHO) Using Lightworks for reliability/stability and testing redsdk, Anilab lab 5, Renditioner Pro V3. ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4500/5100

* July 30, 2016, 08:25:23 AM
I would like to download the free trial version but can not find it. please give a link to it or directions to find it.  looked on turbocad.com but could not find it.  thanks for help

Win 10  TC 17 Pro Plat

July 30, 2016, 04:39:34 PM
here you go...TC Platinum is what you want..
https://www.turbocad.com/content/free-trials

Thanks,
Dave Taylor
TurboCAD Product Manager