TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Be sure your post is relevant to the current discussion.  Create a new topic within the appropriate board if you are unsure.

TC Pro Platinum 2016
Read 5787 times
* June 27, 2016, 05:16:49 PM
Hi Everyone,

I was just having a look at the 2016 Pro Platinum & was wondering if you can render to any quality from the program itself without the cost of additional plugins?

I tried just rendering a sphere for a test but everything just looks like a Matte finish with no reflectance etc, very ordinary & I can't find where you can adjust for the reflectance of the objects in render manager.
I have adjusted the lighting & the luminence but nothing makes anything better, there is to much light with all the lights Off & no luminence selected on some materials?.

I am using raytrace fine setting.

Cheers
David

* June 27, 2016, 06:26:47 PM
I just received an update file 80Mb & now I have the Reflectance settings in render manager to change, before I had Options only & nothing else.

I still can't get it to work, I followed the instructions from the site below & played with the settings with & without the Fresnel setting.
http://www3.turbocadcommunity.com/tiki-index.php?page=RedSDK+Reflectance

I have attached a screenshot of what I get with the settings described from the site above, 1 headlight & 1 ambient light & luminence is Spotpoint.

The sphere when using solids is not rounded nicely either?

Not really sure what to do?

Cheers
David

* June 27, 2016, 07:11:03 PM
Hi Everybody,

Sorry for all the posts!

Unless I am completely wrong which may be the case, I found that in Render Manager- Advanced Options that under Render it has at the bottom of the picture attached " Render engine options"
It has Quality Render- Raytrace Preview not Raytrace Fine & I cannot change it as it is greyed out?

Could this be the issue?
If so I am not sure how to change it?
In camera properties I have Raytrace Fine selected for Quality rendering

EDIT: Forgot attachment?

Cheers
David
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 07:13:16 PM by willeng »

* June 27, 2016, 07:51:44 PM
I just received an update file 80Mb & now I have the Reflectance settings in render manager to change, before I had Options only & nothing else.

I still can't get it to work, I followed the instructions from the site below & played with the settings with & without the Fresnel setting.
http://www3.turbocadcommunity.com/tiki-index.php?page=RedSDK+Reflectance

I have attached a screenshot of what I get with the settings described from the site above, 1 headlight & 1 ambient light & luminence is Spotpoint.

The sphere when using solids is not rounded nicely either?

Not really sure what to do?

Cheers
David

Go to "Options / ACIS" and move the "Faceter Quality" to 100%. This should smooth out the sphere and most curves.

The "Options" in the Render Manager only pertain to the Preview/thumbnail render. It doesn't have any effect inside your drawing.
After a material has been assigned to an object, you have to switch to "Active Drawing(your drawing name.tcw)" to edit the Material.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2018
Designer, Deluxe, Expert, Basic, Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit

* June 27, 2016, 08:40:55 PM
Hi John,

Thanks for the reply!

Moving the Faceter Quality fixed the smoothness issue, thanks for that.

As far as getting an object to have anything but a Matte finish on it, I have no idea.

I don't really have any idea what your telling me here by switching to "Active Drawing(your drawing name.tcw)"?

In Deluxe to change materials I was just selecting the object then selecting none from materials to remove the material & the using set material to select another one or edit the material & then Set Material.

In this Pro version I have been doing the same or using, Selection Info-Materials which says the Category -Drawing Active & then edit the material from there but nothing changes.

Obviously I am not doing things correctly but I don't know any other way & can't find any information about what you suggested?

Sorry to be a pain in the butt, it works differently than the way Deluxe was working for me?

Cheers
David

* June 27, 2016, 11:31:13 PM
Hi Everyone,
I have tried just about everything I can think of with no luck at all?

With the Deluxe version I had I was told a Graphics Card was not a necessity as it was more the CPU doing the work although I think maybe it relates more to the amount of memory the computer has?

Does TurboCAD Pro Platinum 2016 require a Graphics Card, or can it render fine without one, without the Plugins?

This is all I can think of?

Very frustrating!

Cheers
David

June 28, 2016, 12:11:04 AM
TurboCAD's default rendering is with RedSDK only.  Take a look in the gallery and you will see amazing renders done with this engine.

It is completely different than LightWorks (which allows you to set individual lights by position, power, type, etc.).  When rendering under LightWorks for the first time, TurboCAD would place lights that bracket the scene and give you basic results which can be tweaked.  I haven't had the same luck with RedSDK.

I am still learning a tutorial that will set RedSDK lighting, but for now, I cannot help you.

Jeff

TC Pro Platinum 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016 & 2015 (all with LightWorks & RedSDK) & V21
System: i7-5820K @ 3.30GHz, ASRock X99 Extreme4, 16GB DDR4-2133 RAM, Gigabyte GTX 970, Samsung NVMe SSD 950 (256GB), Windows 7 Pro (64-bit) SP1

* June 28, 2016, 01:05:21 AM
Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the reply.

I wasn't exactly sure if the renders in the gallery were with the standalone program or if plugins were used, I have read a lot of conflicting things & it confuses the heck out of a newbie like myself. Like most of the internet you don't know if what your reading is correct or not?
AHH!
So, as I take it from what you are saying is that you have to manually set all the lighting, positions etc to get good results.

Are there any useful sites you have come across for some reading on the subject, I have been playing with lighting positions etc this afternoon, any info will help.

Thanks Jeff, that small piece of information is more helpful than you think!.

Cheers
David

June 28, 2016, 01:05:48 AM
David,

the majority of rendering, regardless of which TurboCAD version you are using, is done with the CPU.
IMHO, a dedicated graphics card helps a little, but not enough to justify the cost for TurboCAD alone.

Generally, I find RedSDK too much trouble and much prefer using the Lightworks plug-in.
RedSDK, for me, is work in progress.
You pays your money and makes your choice!

Regards Tim

You can design without engineering, but you cannot engineer without design.
Using Win 10 with Designer 2017 and TurboCAD Pro. Plat. 2016/2017/2018 + Lightworks (64-bit versions) + AnimationLab.

* June 28, 2016, 01:13:26 AM
Hi Tim,

Thank You for that, I just mentioned to Jeff that there is a lot of conflicting things written.
I just wasn't sure about the graphics card senario seeing that I only have a very cheap card in my computer & wanted to make sure it wasn't the actual cause of any issues.

Knowing this now makes things much easier & is of great help.

Thanks Tim

Cheers
David

* June 28, 2016, 01:45:06 AM
David, what else have you got in the drawing,  reflections need something to reflect, if there is only a sphere then reflecting the plain background will look a bit flat.

I hope I haven't got the wrong idea about what you are meaning but, in the attached file, render just the sphere, then turn on layer 1 and you should notice the difference.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 01:52:22 AM by Andy H »

* June 28, 2016, 03:57:23 AM
Hi Andy,

Thanks, your correct about that.
I was trying to get a light reflection like in the thumbnail pictures in Materials - Plastics where you just have that glossy appearance with the light reflecting off it.
I can't seem to manage it, also for the Metals they all look flat, I need to fix it but am not sure how yet?
Even the Chrome or Mirror just look Grey & when I add lighting or luminence it makes everything worse being to bright.

Obviously I am missing something?

Thanks Andy

Cheers
David

* June 28, 2016, 04:36:01 AM
First let me say I am no rendering expert, especially with RED. But I do know that you don't have to have a graphics card for RED, assuming your PC has an integrated graphics. Most Intel processors do, except the 5th gen (such as i7-5820, the 5 meaning 5th gen). Processors with integrated graphics can handle RED rendering, although it may be limited.
I don't have a graphics card in my work PC, but again I don't do much rendering. I do like to have native draw in RED mode simply because it speeds up my drawings when viewed in hidden line. Also, as Tim says, even in RED the rendering is done by the CPU, with only preliminary lighting (GI?) done on the GPU.

Edit:   If you haven't already, download Andy's file and do as he suggest. Render just the sphere, then turn on Layer 1 and you will see the differences. You may need to right click on one of the rendering teacups and set 'Quality' to 'Raytrace Fine' to get the full effect.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 04:47:37 AM by Jason B »

TC 21 Deluxe, TC 20 Platinum, TC 2015 Platinum, TC 2016 Platinum, TC 2017 Platinum
i7- 3770 Ivy Bridge 3.4 GHz, 16G Crucial Ballistic, ASRock Extreme 4, EVGA 1060 SSC, Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

June 28, 2016, 12:40:03 PM
Willeng,

Are you sure you've set a rendering type for quality or advanced rendering? If you right click anywhere on the drawing space are all five teacups clickable? If not right click on one of them annd make sure that for the Quality and Advanced Rendering you set the Rendering type to RedSDK.

It sounds like maybe you haven't set a rendering type for those options and are just looking at Draft mode. My apologies if I'm mistaken.

Once you do this select the sphere and open the Materials Palette. You can then right click on any material and choose Edit RedSDk properties to access the Render manager and adjust properites like caustics, uv mapping etc.

* June 28, 2016, 01:14:10 PM
I was trying to get a light reflection like in the thumbnail pictures in Materials - Plastics where you just have that glossy appearance with the light reflecting off it.

Ah, the image in then render manager uses a scene + environment + Luminance if all boxes (in your dialog image above) are set, personally I don't have any luminance nor environment set in that dialog as it can often not be representative of what one will render.

RedSDK does not have a material selected specular factor (what I call a bright spot on the object), but relies on the scene to produce render quality,  In the attached (metals), the reflections / materials show much better (on the right) when set into a scene, in this case a box with low ambient, headlight and spot luminance.

Instead of a box one could use an environment, to be honest I would think that deluxe operates the same way, but I don't have deluxe to find out. All that said, I'm no expert, Darrel, Dean or Majo would be able to provide better detail as to the best setup.

## Edit ## as far as your very first question in the thread regarding can Red render OK (TC without Lightworks), rendering is purely personal, the second pic below is rendered in RedSDK, and never posted on the forum because I was never really happy with the finish, just posting it to show TC can render OK without Lightworks (LW), but its no different to LW in that it is a personal thing as to how good one thinks the finished result is. ## End Edit ## 
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 01:28:29 PM by Andy H »

* June 28, 2016, 02:01:46 PM
Hi Everyone.
I appreciate the replies very much.

Jason,

Now we are talking, unfortunately my CPU is an i7 860 with NO integrated graphics capability.
I am certainly no propeller head when it comes to knowing about computers but when it says on the spec sheet NO integrated graphics I guess it means just that! 
I don't have a good graphics card either!

This is why it is confusing:

I noticed that even Lightworks recommend that Graphics Cards be used:

https://www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=100&Itemid=211

The same applies for RedSDK, where they say on the site below that:
"RedSDK is dependent upon video cards which support OpenGL acceleration, and the features of that card. If you do not have an OpenGL video card you will not be able to use RedSDK."

http://www3.turbocadcommunity.com/tiki-index.php?page=Options+Native+Draw

Maybe I just don't understand this correctly either? ???

Travis,

Thanks for the info as it does confirm I am doing things the correct way & as you suggest.
The issue is that when I do edit the Materials properties & go Apply etc I get no change at all when I re select the material again to render, it all looks the same all the time with no change at all?

I have a few things to try today as I see Andy is pointing me in the right direction.

Andy,

Thanks for the time & effort to explain to an old fart like me that I was again using expectation rather than realization of how this works & you have explained it perfectly.
I will test a few things out & see what happens even though my computer doesn't appear to be up to standard as I mentioned to Jim.

Of course when you open the Box for the first time you expect that WOW factor to hit you on the jaw but through inexperience on my part the WOW factor was more like a tennis ball that had been run over by a truck, pretty deflated! :)

I have been studying a lot & today I will test things out & see how I go.

Thanks very much again for the help, I will post what I come up with when done.

Cheers
David

* June 28, 2016, 05:08:03 PM
Hi David,
If I may, do yourself a favor.  ;D
learn Lightworks. maybe look into getting one of Don Cheke's tutorials. Henry H,John R and Don Cheke are all masters at lightworks and will have some good advice.
when you're comfortable will lightworks move on to redstuff  :P

Here's a render > one of the Version 18 sample drawings that I rendered in Deluxe lightworks.
I changed all lighting and materials but the original drawing renders pretty good.
I change the objects to a smesh object in platinum then I could work with it in Deluxe.
Does your trial version have any sample drawings? You could study them.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 05:37:12 PM by Dean »

"What do I know, I'm still learning"..
Windows 7 64 bit HP > on a stock HP laptop with 4gb-2.4 GHz.Turbocad 2019-2018-2017, TurboCad Platinum 21.Using Lightworks and Redsdk, Anilab lab 5. ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4500/5100 and HP all in one desktop with Nvidia Geforce 210, open gl 3.3

June 29, 2016, 01:48:05 AM
David,

don't beat yourself up over the graphics card.
If it is giving you a screen you can look at, then that is probably more than enough for the time being.
Most recommendations from software vendors can be taken with a little pinch of sodium chloride.
If you see your renders within TC then your graphics card is obliviously working?
Follow Dean's sound advice (don't need a card for that!), and work at it.
You can always get a fancy 'all singing, all dancing' graphics card at a later date, or, a lobotomy!   ;D

Regards Tim
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 02:27:41 AM by Tim Stewart »

Using Win 10 with Designer 2017 and TurboCAD Pro. Plat. 2016/2017/2018 + Lightworks (64-bit versions) + AnimationLab.

* June 29, 2016, 04:31:22 AM

Now we are talking, unfortunately my CPU is an i7 860 with NO integrated graphics capability.
I am certainly no propeller head when it comes to knowing about computers but when it says on the spec sheet NO integrated graphics I guess it means just that! 
I don't have a good graphics card either!

You are right, the i7-860 doesn't have an integrated processor, and you state that you don't have a graphics card. That can only mean that the graphics are built into the mother board. If you want to go the GPU way, you can find older models of graphics cards on Newegg for under $100. My 4 year old GTX 660 works fine. But as it was mentioned earlier all rendering, either RED or LW Quality and Advanced render is dependent on the CPU. The only time I see an advantage of using RED, is when viewing large drawings in Hidden Line because RED HL (and maybe draft) uses the GPU.
The other option, highly recommended by members here, is to go the Lightworks method. LW is dependent only on the CPU, which you i7-860 should handle just fine. 
Bottom line, if I had to spend money to get good renders, I would buy the LightWorks plug-in.

TC 21 Deluxe, TC 20 Platinum, TC 2015 Platinum, TC 2016 Platinum, TC 2017 Platinum
i7- 3770 Ivy Bridge 3.4 GHz, 16G Crucial Ballistic, ASRock Extreme 4, EVGA 1060 SSC, Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

June 29, 2016, 10:20:29 AM
willeng,

In RedSDK after you Edit a material you must reapply that material to see any change.

* June 30, 2016, 02:58:10 AM
Hi Everybody,

Thanks for the replies once again!

Dean,

Yes, I have seen some of Henry's, Don's & John's renderings, truly excellent work!
Thanks for the Image of the rendering you attached, I have much to learn & your advice is good!
Plenty to think about.
Thanks Dean

Tim,
No, not beating myself up over a graphics card, just the need for information regarding things, need to know basis only, you know what I mean!
Yeah, I get the Sodium Chloride bit, big advertising for little gain usually.
Haha, I need a damn Lobotomy after today, had my fair share of things going wrong, I will explain in another post.
A Lobotomy may help me actually, my wife has always said I have two brains, one's lost & the other one is looking for it?

Jason,
I see what your saying & as everyone is suggesting I should make the move to LightWorks, I need to fix a few issues I have first & as mentioned to Tim I will add another post.

Hi Travis,
Yes, I was doing as you suggested, I am having quite a few issues but I will have to post them separately.

Thanks for the help & advice once again everyone.

Cheers
David

* June 30, 2016, 03:21:19 AM
Hi again everyone,
I thought I would just add a couple of pictures, Jeff mentioned that knowing how & where to place lights is worth while & Andy mentioned that having an environment helps reflections etc for rendering purposes.

I basically spent the day playing around working out how to position lights accurately & how to adjust the lighting.

I haven't had the chance to actually draw anything of value with the program yet as I have to learn first how to get the end result, the drawing part is easiest for me.

Anyway, I started with just a very basic shape with no environment to see what I could get from it with just lights & color & found that although very limited you can actually get some results depending on what you like.

I will attach the pictures of this with multiple colors, pretty boring but things like this would not look all that bad in someones renderings.

I then decided to just make an abstract object & add multiple lights etc to see If I was actually learning anything?
The answer is, I haven't learned much but I can now place the lights where I want them to be at least.

It was a very good exercise on lights & I am glad I took the time to do it, my rendering still sucks badly but you have to start somewhere.
I will attach the picture of that abstract object as well.

At the end of the day I have learned how much I don't know which is a good start!
I'll have to post the last picture separately, to many attachments.

Cheers
David

* June 30, 2016, 03:23:44 AM
Picture of the Abstract object.

Cheers
David

June 30, 2016, 04:37:08 AM
Looks like you're getting the hang of it.  8)
We'll soon be asking you, for advice!

Regards Tim

* June 30, 2016, 05:29:35 AM
There you go! You seem to be learning more than you think. Sometimes the best way to learn is to do what you are doing - just play around with the settings and see what happens. Just don't change too much at once so you can see the effects of each setting. Another way to learn is to download someone else's drawing from the gallery and check out their material and light settings.

* June 30, 2016, 05:48:14 AM
I like it, nice colours you've to going on there,  the last (separate) pic reminded me of an animation I started a while ago and never finished which was inspired from a scene in an old game - MS dungeon siege, must finish it sometime.

June 30, 2016, 06:39:48 AM
Hi Everybody,

Thanks for the replies once again!

Dean,

Yes, I have seen some of Henry's, Don's & John's renderings, truly excellent work!
Thanks for the Image of the rendering you attached, I have much to learn & your advice is good!
Plenty to think about.
Thanks Dean

Tim,
No, not beating myself up over a graphics card, just the need for information regarding things, need to know basis only, you know what I mean!
Yeah, I get the Sodium Chloride bit, big advertising for little gain usually.
Haha, I need a damn Lobotomy after today, had my fair share of things going wrong, I will explain in another post.
A Lobotomy may help me actually, my wife has always said I have two brains, one's lost & the other one is looking for it?

Jason,
I see what your saying & as everyone is suggesting I should make the move to LightWorks, I need to fix a few issues I have first & as mentioned to Tim I will add another post.

Hi Travis,
Yes, I was doing as you suggested, I am having quite a few issues but I will have to post them separately.

Thanks for the help & advice once again everyone.

Cheers
David

The one thing that bugged me about RED right from the start is that none of the materials are usable out of the box. They all have terrible settings so once a user finds what works for the most part they can start to build a new materials database based on that. Others will likely disagree but that has been my experience. One of the things that I show in my Boardroom tutorial is how this process begins and looks. I am NOT pointing to this tutorial to say I think you should buy it, I am just saying that the lack of usable materials in RED lead to that being a very important part of the process/tutorial.

Think about this from a long time user's perspective who has spent 15 years developing a full range of LightWorks materials, which gets used daily in the course of business (3D visuals via TurboCAD/LightWorks) to get RED dumped into their lap where NONE of those materials are transferable to RED and there are no usable materials in RED. Thank God they didn't dump LightWorks completely which is something I thought they would do (and still might if people don't continue to purchase the add-in). When RED became the default in 2015 I was so angry that I wanted to look for another CAD system. Trouble is, you just can't beat TurboCAD in numerous ways, including price. I used RED all through 2015 and even wrote some tutorials but it was not fun at all, something it had been all the way through to the end of V21. When 2016 came out I said to myself that I would install LightWorks and never look at RED again. Although I don't have much time to use TurboCAD these days, when I do I find it enjoyable again.

When one reads all the negative things about RED on the public forum and on the Beta forum it is a wonder that IMSI/Design hasn't pulled RED after seeing what a dog it is. Just this man's opinion though. Sorry if it sounds negative. Sad but true is tha fact that I always thought of myself as TurboCAD's biggest fan - at least until TC2015 hit the stands.

* June 30, 2016, 06:58:23 AM
Picture of the Abstract object.

Cheers
David

That is great, David. A nice composition, and the illumination is quite unconventional and extremely effective.

Henry H

* June 30, 2016, 07:04:32 AM
David,
  Here is a link to RED's documentation on materials. Someone else posted this in another thread. It may help with understanding RED materials.

http://www.redway3d.com/downloads/public/documentation/bk_bm_using_built_in_redsdk_materials.html

* June 30, 2016, 03:28:27 PM
Hi Everyone,
I appreciate the comments, I was actually a little embarrassed to show my results & was expecting some negative feedback.

Looks like you're getting the hang of it.  8)
We'll soon be asking you, for advice!

Regards Tim

Tim,
You may be waiting for a while, don't hold your breath! :)

Sometimes the best way to learn is to do what you are doing - just play around with the settings and see what happens.

Jason,
Yes. It seems to be a trial & error process until you have a set standards to work from, in saying that though it appears that different objects etc may have different settings each time?

Andy,
Thanks for the comment, i'll keep at it, thanks again for the suggestions you made before!

[/quote]

The one thing that bugged me about RED right from the start is that none of the materials are usable out of the box. They all have terrible settings so once a user finds what works for the most part they can start to build a new materials database based on that. Others will likely disagree but that has been my experience. One of the things that I show in my Boardroom tutorial is how this process begins and looks. I am NOT pointing to this tutorial to say I think you should buy it, I am just saying that the lack of usable materials in RED lead to that being a very important part of the process/tutorial.

Think about this from a long time user's perspective who has spent 15 years developing a full range of LightWorks materials, which gets used daily in the course of business (3D visuals via TurboCAD/LightWorks) to get RED dumped into their lap where NONE of those materials are transferable to RED and there are no usable materials in RED. Thank God they didn't dump LightWorks completely which is something I thought they would do (and still might if people don't continue to purchase the add-in). When RED became the default in 2015 I was so angry that I wanted to look for another CAD system. Trouble is, you just can't beat TurboCAD in numerous ways, including price. I used RED all through 2015 and even wrote some tutorials but it was not fun at all, something it had been all the way through to the end of V21. When 2016 came out I said to myself that I would install LightWorks and never look at RED again. Although I don't have much time to use TurboCAD these days, when I do I find it enjoyable again.

When one reads all the negative things about RED on the public forum and on the Beta forum it is a wonder that IMSI/Design hasn't pulled RED after seeing what a dog it is. Just this man's opinion though. Sorry if it sounds negative. Sad but true is tha fact that I always thought of myself as TurboCAD's biggest fan - at least until TC2015 hit the stands.
[/quote]

Don,
Thank you very much for the reply & mentioning about the materials, I am only a newbie as you know but I haven't found one material that is to my liking & was not really sure exactly how to go about changing things yet.
I am glad you mentioned this!
I may have to look at your tutorials to get a grasp on this & other things, i'll see how I go & see if I can work it out first!

Henry,
Thanks for comment!
I was surprised actually & thought that most who like photo realistic rendering wouldn't actually see what I was attempting to display.
Yes, that's me, unconventional, I have tackled most things throughout life with that exact same perspective.
I personally think that's how we improve upon ourselves or fail?
Talking about photo realistic rendering, I read somewhere you have written an informative piece on this subject that I don't seem to be able to find?
Could you direct me to it with a link so I can look at it please?

Jason,
Thanks for the link, I will have a read!

Thanks everybody

Cheers
David

* June 30, 2016, 03:59:11 PM
David, that book of mine was written when TCad Version 8 was still new and still half raw -- but even I find myself referring back to it now and then. Don Cheke has made it available for download through some Internet magic that I don't really understand. No doubt he'll see your request before long and point you in the right direction.

Henry H

* June 30, 2016, 04:15:24 PM
See the topic: Materials Book.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2018
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit

* June 30, 2016, 04:41:49 PM
Thanks Henry & John
Excellent thank you again!

Cheers
David

* July 03, 2016, 09:02:38 AM
Henry, your book is locked/pinned at the beginning of the Tips and Tricks board.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2018
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit

July 03, 2016, 09:51:13 AM

Ditto cubed. I just got fed up with dealing with half-baked software. Like you, I don't have much time to spend on TC anymore. But, going with versions that are about three years old seemed to be the key to the least frustration. I still enjoy using v21 very much, and v19 is also good. The philosophy of IMSI really needs to make a paradigm shift, in my simpleminded view, if they want success to be better than mediocre; you can't keep dumping a product on enthusiastic users with as many out-of-the-box flaws as they tend to do and expect to keep them interested. Unless, of course, you want a client base of beta testers only.

The unvarnished opinion of ol' Grumpy Bud.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 09:58:32 AM by Bud Lovel »

Win 8.1 Pro ~TC 21.2 Pro Plat
ASUS Sabertooth X79 LGA 2011 Intel X79
Intel Core i7-4930K~PNY NVIDIA Quadro K2200
G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3 1866 
Corsair CPU Cooler H100i
SanDisk Ultra Plus 256GB SATA 6.0GB/s SSD
Seagate Barracuda 1 TB (x2)
Stable @ 4.5 GigHz overclocked
NICE