TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Remember to do a search before you ask a question!!!

CAM Plug-In Development
Read 10125 times
January 13, 2010, 03:39:43 PM
Is there still ongoing development of the CAM plug-in? I recently asked this in another thread. It would be nice to know whether or not I need to look elsewhere for a CAM package with more features. Everytime I have asked this on this forum or the old forum there is never a response. I have played with other programs from Vectric, BobCAD/CAM, just to name a couple. I would like to stay in the TurboCAD family. Hell if there is any development continuing I would like to be a BETA tester. Back in the day, v6 & v7 I was a beta tester. I use the plug-in daily, I think I would have tons of input. But first I guess I need a response on the original question. So can anyone answer this
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 05:01:16 PM by kmartin »

TurboCAD user since v3
 TurboCAD on flickr || My twitter ||

* January 15, 2010, 04:46:49 AM
I notice your posting and still unanswered .I'm  was waiting as well for some input also.The cam end of it is what it  is.I wouldn't expect any more of it.TCC is more or less toy for home at lease at my end. Master cam is used at work now.

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison

January 15, 2010, 05:37:05 PM
I notice your posting and still unanswered .I'm  was waiting as well for some input also.The cam end of it is what it  is.I wouldn't expect any more of it.TCC is more or less toy for home at lease at my end. Master cam is used at work now.
Thanks WD for the reply, at least there was some input this go round. I guess you must be correct in your assumption, I would think that someone from IMSI that visits this board would at the very least confirm what you & I have assumed. Let us know something so that I do not waste any more money on the upgrade when v17 comes out. No there is a novel idea, huh? As I have stated before, I like the product alot. I would like to see a little more from IMSI other than being ignored & hoping I will go away. With all of that said, I am a longtime TCAD user, from version 3(I sill have the v3 CD with the original 3D program), & I will continue to be a TCAD supporter. BTW how does one become a beta tester these days. Just curious.
Once again WD, thanks for your input.

TurboCAD user since v3

January 18, 2010, 11:21:40 AM
I agree with you both,
I think this is good for hobby work.
I started a time ago to do some tests,

This are my problems to create a front plate:
- I draw all of the part in 2D (see attached),
- and selected <tools> to use some drill/mill
- all worked well, till ...

I lost a lot of tools ??? (see attached)
and I can not create the 3D part ...

So I made a 3D model by myself (see attached).

This is not normal but ...

Is this a setting, or did I something stupid ?

Marc

[attachment deleted by admin]

greetings from belgium (Pajottenland)
WIN 8.1/10 - x64
- TC 9 --> TC 16.2 / 52.0 pro Platinum
- AnimationLab 4.4 - MontageCenter 1.0
- CAM plug-in for v 16

January 19, 2010, 05:28:11 AM
I agree with you both,
I think this is good for hobby work.
I started a time ago to do some tests,

This are my problems to create a front plate:
- I draw all of the part in 2D (see attached),
- and selected <tools> to use some drill/mill
- all worked well, till ...

I lost a lot of tools ??? (see attached)
and I can not create the 3D part ...

So I made a 3D model by myself (see attached).

This is not normal but ...

Is this a setting, or did I something stupid ?

Marc

When you say that you lost tools, ca you elaborate. I guess  I just am not following what you are asking very well.

TurboCAD user since v3

January 25, 2010, 01:59:08 AM
Hai kmartin,

When you look at the two drawings (CAM),
you can see at the first one a lot of drilling lines (yellow)
in the second one, there are a lot of these who are gone ???

I see that you use MACH3 software,
do you control this directly with TC16 CAM ?

Marc
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 02:00:54 AM by marc_256 »

WIN 8.1/10 - x64
- CAM plug-in for v 16

* January 25, 2010, 01:28:15 PM
Hai kmartin,

Marc

Hi Marc

Was wondering if you have Show&Hide All Toolpath button deactivated ?

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison

January 26, 2010, 01:25:04 AM
Hai WD,

Yes, it was ON.
But now I find out that you can enable/disable the 'TOOL path' separately.
See attachment below.

Thanks,
Marc

WIN 8.1/10 - x64
- CAM plug-in for v 16

February 06, 2010, 07:45:36 AM
Hai kmartin,

Marc

Well Mach3 itself is a Software CNC Controller. Although the TurboCAD/CAM comes with DNC Lite, I have not really tried to control my cnc router with it. I think I have read some posts, maybe on the old forum, where someone was trying to use it. I use the CAM plug-in to generate my g-code & run the code in MACH3. I have not perfected my post processor output, therefore I have to manually make a couple edits before I run the machine. I store my edits in a text file on my desktop so they are easy to retrieve. One day I will get my post perfect, but for now this will have to suffice.

TurboCAD user since v3

* February 23, 2010, 02:31:29 PM
I just want to make sure that you mean Mach3 by Artsoft?

http://www.machsupport.com/

Ironically I had contact them about 18months ago about any partnering or biz opps. Perhaps you were one to suggest them to me?
I can't remember, but do know that one of our user's suggested that I contact them for this reason.   Are your newly posted videos demonstrating this interaction by chance?

February 24, 2010, 04:54:52 AM
I just want to make sure that you mean Mach3 by Artsoft?

http://www.machsupport.com/

Ironically I had contact them about 18months ago about any partnering or biz opps. Perhaps you were one to suggest them to me?
I can't remember, but do know that one of our user's suggested that I contact them for this reason.   Are your newly posted videos demonstrating this interaction by chance?

Well Dave, I think you are posting this question to me & the answer is yes. The vids I have posted are coded in TurboCAD & input into the MACH3 software which in turn controls my CNC Router. Like I have said above, I have to manually tweak my code before I input it into MACH3. But it is a relatively simple cut & paste, so simple that I just have not really studied what I need to do to correct my post coming from TurboCAD/CAM. If you could get partnered up with them it would be great. Then maybe I would not have to figure this out for myself :-)

TurboCAD user since v3

* April 07, 2010, 06:03:58 PM
I have been a regular user and updater of TCC since it was first released and have waited for each upgrade to see that there is a commitiment to this add on.  It appears to me that the only updates that can be expected at best are to keep it functional in the latest version but no new features.   Because of this I have decided to move on and recently purchased Alibre Expert when they ran a special .  It has 3d cam and motion built in.  I am learning it now.   I have tried several systems over the years and TCC worked pretty well for its price range, but I want to know that it will continue to improve and I don't see that happening.

April 07, 2010, 06:31:07 PM
I have been a regular user and updater of TCC since it was first released and have waited for each upgrade to see that there is a commitiment to this add on.  It appears to me that the only updates that can be expected at best are to keep it functional in the latest version but no new features.   Because of this I have decided to move on and recently purchased Alibre Expert when they ran a special .  It has 3d cam and motion built in.  I am learning it now.   I have tried several systems over the years and TCC worked pretty well for its price range, but I want to know that it will continue to improve and I don't see that happening.

I have made a post recently for improvements to the plug-in & got no responses. I put a few through in the beta testers forum. Give me a list of things you would like to see improved or added & I will pass it along. BTW, what have you been making with the CAM software? If you do not mind me asking.

TurboCAD user since v3

* April 08, 2010, 01:48:49 AM
Interested in Turbo CAD/CAM 15 PRO  for $299.
I am using Mach3 and Design CAD 17 with contour CAM.

April 08, 2010, 07:10:36 AM
Interested in Turbo CAD/CAM 15 PRO  for $299.
I am using Mach3 and Design CAD 17 with contour CAM.

AQre you versed in TurboCAD already? If so, wait for the v17 CAM update & download both v17 Pro & The CAM plugi-in trial to test them out.

TurboCAD user since v3