TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

3D Polylines
Read 1021 times
* June 12, 2016, 03:54:09 AM
Hi Everyone,

What are the 3D Polylines used for?

Can I draw objects & render them with 3D Polylines as surfaces in Deluxe or Extrude them etc?.
I don't really understand, could someone give me an explanation & a couple of examples on the uses for the 3D Polylines, I can't seem to do much with them at all or understand what I have read so far?

Thanks
David

* June 12, 2016, 04:50:10 AM
Hello David.  In addition to the online & offline Help Documentation, the TurboCAD Community Wiki is a great place for answers to questions such as yours.

Here is a link to the Wiki's 3D Polyline page.

-Alvin

Alvin Gregorio
(mostly Residential Architectural 2D; no formal CAD Training; intermittent TurboCAD user since yr. 2000 [ver6.5])
---TurboCAD: V20.2PP(57.0)[as of 3/12/15]; V19DL(54.2); V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)

* June 12, 2016, 07:22:38 AM
Hi Everyone,

What are the 3D Polylines used for?

Can I draw objects & render them with 3D Polylines as surfaces in Deluxe or Extrude them etc?.
I don't really understand, could someone give me an explanation & a couple of examples on the uses for the 3D Polylines, I can't seem to do much with them at all or understand what I have read so far?

Thanks
David

IMO their applications are rather limited, but I do often find them useful as sweep paths.

Henry H

* June 12, 2016, 04:21:30 PM
Hi Everybody,

Alvin,
Thanks for the Link although I am still a little confused about the applications, being a newbie a lot of the information I have found leaves more to think about than what it answers but that's only a lack of of experience with TurbCad from my end.

Henry,
I see what you are saying, just wanted to know that's all.

Thanks for the replies.