TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Be sure your post is relevant to the current discussion.  Create a new topic within the appropriate board if you are unsure.

2D to 3D Solid Object
Read 904 times
* June 02, 2016, 12:09:42 AM
Hi Again,

I have been attempting to create a 3D solid object from a 2D drawing with no luck?

I have attached a simple file of the 2D drawing & my failed attempt at creating a 3D solid from it.
From the 2D drawing, I select it & go, right click, properties-3D then enter 45mm which extrudes it.
From there I go to Modify-Modify 3D Objects- 3D Boolean Operations - 3D Add, then I use Shift & select each individual component to Add them together.

I have Deluxe 21.2

I would like to learn how to do this correctly!

Thanks

* June 02, 2016, 12:29:46 AM
The profile need to be a closed Polyline first.
Go to Modify and then down to Join Polylines, select them and click finish.
It can be a good idea to check that the profile is closed, after join, select edit tool, select the profile and look at the right side down on the command line, if there is a symbol open there that will allow you to Close it click on that and og out from that place, later you can extrude your profile and get a closed Object, not only the "Fence"

It is a good rule in general to use close when you are finish drawing a profile, as even it you end your profile at same point that you started, it dont need to be closed, and by that not work like you want it.

Torfinn

V18, V19, V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17/ 18 Pro. Platinum
Deluxe V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Home Premium 64 bit, 32 GB
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780m, 1 GB

* June 02, 2016, 12:37:14 AM
Hi Torfinn,
Thank you for the quick reply, I will try it as you suggest.

Thanks again.

* June 02, 2016, 01:19:07 AM
Hi Torfinn,

It worked great, I sure did go about it the wrong way before ;D

Thanks Again