TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Interested in some really terrific mobile apps? Visit www.turboapps.com for details.

Image Arrowheads Print Blue
Read 1101 times
* June 01, 2016, 08:39:34 AM
Good Morning;

We use Turbocad 17 to create vector images for aircraft in dxf format. The program that uses these images has controls in it like dxf reader to render them in the program. Each image has 2 layers, one for the aircraft and one for the dimensions. I have to explode the dimensions in order to get the dimension text and the arrowhead fill to display in the program.

These images can be printed from the program and all turns out well except the arrowhead fill. The fill prints blue.

I'm hoping I've given enough information for someone to help me figure out why only the arrowhead fill portion prints like this. Please see attached image

* June 01, 2016, 09:02:59 AM
How does it look in TC before saving to dxf.

When the dimension is exploded, the polyline itself uses the normal pen colour but the fill uses the brush colour, but you should see if its different within TC before saving, if you select an arrowhead and right click - properties, see what the brush colour is set to, if its 'by pen' you could try setting it to red and see if that saves any different.

* June 01, 2016, 09:23:27 AM
Thanks for the reply. It's black in the turbocad drawing if that's what you mean.

Can I use something other than brush to fill the arrowhead? As you might notice I'm not an expert at this.

* June 01, 2016, 09:57:30 AM
Sorry for another question, in the drawing you showed above the 'exploded' dimension is red, are you changing this within TC, or exporting it without alteration (in which case it will be black) and changing the colour in the third part program ?

If you are doing everything in TC, (exploding, changing colour, saving as dxf) any chance posting of a sample .tcw file which displays the problem for someone to have a look at.

* June 01, 2016, 10:10:17 AM
The picture I attached is a screenshot of the pdf print from the program. The TC drawing is originally black, it's loaded into an access database when it's done with the vector info. The program knows how to draw it in the program using the data from the access database. The user of the program can change the color of the drawing as this program gives the user the capability to compare 2 aircraft at the same time and overlay them on top of each other as well.

All works well except the arrowhead fill when printing from the program to paper/pdf. It turns blue.

* June 01, 2016, 10:20:29 AM
attached is a tcw drawing

* June 01, 2016, 10:25:51 AM
Andy;

Thanks so much for the replies!

* June 01, 2016, 11:06:24 AM
Sorry.  Unfortunately I've had no luck reproducing any error, I save the drawing from v17 to dxf without altering it, opened in in Trueview (and Autocad program), TC v18 and Corel Draw, all three opened the dxf just fine.

Hopefully someone who may have seen this problem before, and can commenton the cause, all I can suggest is try the following and see what happens.

Select the polyline fills (not the polyline outline), right click, select properties, under the brush section, click where it says by pen,  and after the colours is an icon for 'by layer', you could try setting it to that, in case the other program is having problems with this setting, or you could just set it to black.

You could also try in the same dialog changing where it says 'alternate' to 'winding' but I can't see how this would make any difference - just clutching at straws really as I can't reproduce any problem.

##Edit## there is a setting in the dxf save dialog called 'preserve hatch Associativity' maybe someone can comment if this setting can cause problems (I don't know what it does) ##End edit##
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 11:13:49 AM by Andy H »

* June 03, 2016, 04:00:13 AM
I will try those suggestions. I'm grasping at straws as well.

Thanks!

June 03, 2016, 12:39:28 PM
The program that uses these images has controls in it like dxf reader to render them in the program. Each image has 2 layers, one for the aircraft and one for the dimensions. I have to explode the dimensions in order to get the dimension text and the arrowhead fill to display in the program.

These images can be printed from the program and all turns out well except the arrowhead fill. The fill prints blue.

If the text and arrow heads are the only filled areas in the DXF files you are sending to the other program, I'd suggest running an experiment.

Place a closed Polyline similar to an arrowhead on your drawing.  Make sure the Line and Fill settings show all black.  Also, place some text on your drawing and explode it until it is Polylines (use the Select Info panel to verify this).

Export this as DXF and open it in your other program to check the fill results.  If any of them are blue, then there is a setting in the other program's Options/Setup/whatever-they-call-it that causes fill areas to be represented in blue.  It works that way in the schematic capture software I use.

Jeff

TC Pro Platinum 2017, 2016 & 2015 (all with LightWorks) & V21
System: i7-5820K @ 3.30GHz, ASRock X99 Extreme4, 16GB DDR4-2133 RAM, Gigabyte GTX 970, Samsung NVMe SSD 950 (256GB), Windows 7 Pro (64-bit) SP1