TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Be sure your post is relevant to the current discussion.  Create a new topic within the appropriate board if you are unsure.

Missing help pages
Read 1303 times
* May 30, 2016, 07:03:11 AM
I notice with some help pages there is no content.  For example, if I click on Menu Navigation in the online help index, I get a page with that title, but the content is just a line that says "the two following maps show the menu structure to illuminate navigation."  That's all there is.  I see no maps in either Firefox or Edge.  Are such blank pages just placeholders that are not yet populated, or am I missing how to view them?

"…boundless and bare, the lone and level sands stretch far away."  Shelly

* May 30, 2016, 07:15:16 AM
I notice with some help pages there is no content.  For example, if I click on Menu Navigation in the online help index, I get a page with that title, but the content is just a line that says "the two following maps show the menu structure to illuminate navigation."  That's all there is.  I see no maps in either Firefox or Edge.  Are such blank pages just placeholders that are not yet populated, or am I missing how to view them?

"…boundless and bare, the lone and level sands stretch far away."  Shelly

Try clicking on one of the child pages/links-- in the left-hand pane.  Such as "Menu Structure" or "Tools Mapped to Menus".

Alvin Gregorio
(mostly Residential Architectural 2D; no formal CAD Training; intermittent TurboCAD user since yr. 2000 [ver6.5])
---TurboCAD: V20.2PP(57.0)[as of 3/12/15]; V19DL(54.2); V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)

* May 30, 2016, 09:34:20 AM
Found it.  Thanks. 

I'm still mystified regarding the purpose served by the blank page linked to from the index, and regarding its reference to "following maps" that don't follow.  Not even an arrow pointing left, and then you still have to go menu surfing to find what you want.

If I were responsible for the documentation, I'd show a default menu path to each function control together with the function how-to-use-it description in the manual, right at the top.  IIRC, that was done in earlier versions when the manual was still a printed book.

* May 30, 2016, 07:00:51 PM
re: …IIRC, that was done in earlier versions when the manual was still a printed book.

That was when they had real tech writer creating the Help. She left about 6-7 years ago, I believe for a better paying job.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1803), 64-bit