TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

Rotation of Model
Read 925 times
* May 12, 2016, 01:45:28 AM
Hi there

I have a problem with the rotation of my models in the final 3D print stage.In the screen shot I want the items on their edge to be oriented differently. The wheel laying flat was created by extruding circles which I was advised was not the way to go so I created a profile with a polyine and then rotate to the finished model but as you can see the printer software places it in it's own way.  I have tried to rotate the finished model but the printer software won't open it and reports an error.  I tried redrawing the profile differently but it still stands it on it's edge.

Any ideas?

Many thanks

Neil

Turbocad 20 Pro, M3D printer and Beta software

* May 12, 2016, 02:37:22 AM
Turns out I can do it with my printer software so happy bunny now

May 12, 2016, 10:26:35 PM
Then maybe you can help me.

The object here was 3D printed upside down, so the fairly smooth section at the top was printed first, and that's how it should have been printed all over.

However, when it got to the angled part, it started laying a combination of globs of plastic and a continuous bead going round and round (or occasionally in a serpentine pattern).

Is there some setting on your printer that could cause this or, better yet, prevent it from happening?

Jeff

TC Pro Platinum 2017, 2016 & 2015 (all with LightWorks) & V21
System: i7-5820K @ 3.30GHz, ASRock X99 Extreme4, 16GB DDR4-2133 RAM, Gigabyte GTX 970, Samsung NVMe SSD 950 (256GB), Windows 7 Pro (64-bit) SP1

June 17, 2016, 05:37:26 PM
Jeff, you may be using only 1 perimeter per layer.  Try increasing it to 2 or 3 perimeters per layer to see if the steep angle comes out better.

Good luck.

Chachin..

Live debt-free.