TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Remember to do a search before you ask a question!!!

Anilab and Mechanical Designs Help Wanted
Read 1460 times
* May 11, 2016, 11:08:28 PM
Hi All

I'm now down to the nitty gritty with my small machine designs and Anilab (paid) ver 5 and I need some help with some mechanical aspects.
Can anyone please provide me with a sample mechanical animation file along with the TurboCAD source file?
That way I can understand the mechanics behind both the tc file and the animation sequences.
Something like what Dean demonstrated in this topic. http://forums.turbocad.com/index.php/topic,17192.msg100129.html#msg100129

I do appreciate any help in this area.

FWIW: I've learnt so much from so many people on this forum it's been awesome, and I've achieved some really good results with my work. Personally I think that TCW 2016, TurboPDF, AnimationLab V5 are incredibly powerful software. :)

Thanks

Aussiebloke

Darryl
TCW 2015 Platinum, TCW 2016 Platinum, TCW 2017 Platinum, Graficalc & Windows 10
using Lightworks & Redsdk

* May 12, 2016, 12:35:43 AM
If you take a look at C:\Program Files\IMSIDesign\AnimationLab v5 64-bit\Samples you will find gif animations and the TC source,  the MechTest.tcw shows some mechanical movement, and the RotorT shows some ball movement.

Wasn't sure which one of Deans drawings from the link you meant.

## Edit ## just a quich note, about starting, the first thing to decide is whether to use Keyframes, Scripts or both, they both have their + and - points, if using scripts, work on a copy of your file, and after any animation use the normal TC 'undo' to undo the animation, otherwise if you subsequently save the file, any changes the animation made will be permanent, (hence why its best to work on a copy of the just in case one forgets - like me). ## End edit ## 
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 12:45:37 AM by Andy H »

* May 12, 2016, 06:54:10 PM
Thanks Andy.

I just plain forgot what was in there!

I'm thinking that I will follow the example alone, it's simple animation that I need. But I would like to know
is with that Mechtest.gif can it be converted to a video/movie?

I'm a real novice at this.

Thanks

Aussiebloke

Darryl

May 13, 2016, 12:37:30 AM
Hi Darryl,

yes, you can save in a limited number of video file formats, from within Animation Lab.
Look under AnimationLab Options/Movie Page, in the help file, for further information and guidance.
Your video may also be converted, should you need this, with other software.

Regards Tim
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 12:39:53 AM by Tim Stewart »

You can design without engineering, but you cannot engineer without design.
Testing/using with Win 10 and various TurboCAD 64-bit versions.

* May 13, 2016, 01:49:12 AM

* May 13, 2016, 01:07:57 PM
Thanks Andy H & Tim.

Good tips and leads.

Aussiebloke

Darryl

* May 13, 2016, 01:37:20 PM
Questions on Animation and or Movies

A little background info, I have workshop designed and built 2 machines ( another 2 are still pencil and paper  ) and I've nearly finished the cad design for the 2nd machine. These machines are unique based on patent searches in Australia, Canada, Europe & US they do not exist.

FWIW. I will provide the following info based on my design drawings;
1. First off, just animated operational aspects, that way there's no discernable or discreet techniques given away.
2. Secondly, more detail in animation only.
3. Short run operational videos demonstrating usefulness, but not detailed " close ups  "
4. Detailed videos when and if appropriate.

1.  What is the most useful format options (  settings ) for Youtube?
never posted before.

2.  What's better small size or larger file with quality?

3. Should I aim for portable device's like mobile or tablet as well as pc's?

4. What does it cost to upload to youtube?

Darryl

* May 13, 2016, 02:54:29 PM
I think I should leave this one to Tim  ;D

Whilst on occasions I may be able to advise on Animation Lab, I know zero about patents and what it is safe or otherwise to put on the net.

1).  Most useful formats, You tube will accept AVI from AnimationLab (AL), but (and its a big but) AVI files can be huge, I have a couple over 1 gig in size, the problem with uploading AVI's is that you tube will do the converting to a different format for it to use, and you have no control over how it handles the AVI's .

Personally I convert video's to Mpeg4 for uploading that way they closely match what youtube will display, and alter things if they don't turn out as hoped, if you don't have any movie programs for the conversion from AVI to Mpeg4, then if Tim or anyone else here can't answer,  asking in the general forum may possibly get some suggestions of free ones.

Obviously that's just my personal way of doing it

2 and 3) Sorry, I dare not even guess.

4) It's free  :)   OK there are some stuff one can pay for if wanted, like Add free viewing (I think they brought that in) but just putting something out there for anyone to see is free, youtube gets most of its money from advertising.

* May 13, 2016, 09:01:24 PM
I usually upload 19201080 MP4 files that I've made in Camtasia. They look good on an iPad, regular 24" monitor or a 42" TV screen. I've never paid a dime for my account, but then I don't upload huge movies or have a large amount stored.

John R.

V17V21, 2015, 2016, 2017
Designer, Deluxe, Basic, Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10, 64-bit

May 14, 2016, 12:38:14 AM
Umm, let me think now.

Currently retired, it's a long while since I had anything to do with patents.  ;D
As a general rule, do not disclose anything prior to starting a patent application, which might put the new ideas/invention into the public domain.
It's tempting, and, very easy to give the game away, if you are looking for backers to invest.
There are many clever people, looking to steal a bright idea for their own gain.
Once your super new invention is in the public domain you are legally 'stuffed' when it comes to getting a patent.
I wouldn't trust my own grandmother!   ;D

Personally, given the resources today, I would tend to forget about patents and manufacture and sell the machine/s, as quickly and profitably as I could (it's a winner, right?), keeping ahead of the competitive game, for as long as possible.

If you've designed an engine that genuinely runs on fresh air, or something similar, then that might be a different matter.

The most important thing with AnimationLab output, is that the quality allows your viewer to see what it is you are trying to show.
We are all lazy and quickly get bored, otherwise.
It's easy to review/edit/replace/delete, your efforts, once the movie has been uploaded to youtube.

AnimationLab has several movie templates to work with.  They may suit your needs without alteration.

Camtasia is also good, and easy to use, but may be an unnecessary expense.

Regards Tim

You can design without engineering, but you cannot engineer without design.
Testing/using with Win 10 and various TurboCAD 64-bit versions.

* May 14, 2016, 01:28:47 AM
Thanks Tim, Andy, Henry & John

I'm up for the challenge so I'll get cracking once I overcome a few minor details for my drawings.

Thanks

Aussiebloke

Darryl

* May 14, 2016, 02:45:03 PM
Hi Guys

The idea behind the little background info was just so that you might understand my ideas a little better, where I'm gunna provide animation and movies to possible customers. My goal here is to sort out the tyre kickers from those
that are genuinely interested in the designs and assist in either manufacturing,  marketing etc. To all involved
in these designs here in oz, firmly believe that they're very viable.

Thanks

Aussiebloke

Darryl