TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

Animation Lab Questions
Read 1199 times
* April 25, 2016, 02:12:05 PM
Hi All

Just been reading the reviews of Anilab, so I have TCW 2015 build 54.3 and just saw a youtube video and thats what I want for some of my drawings;

Questions.

Is anilab stable for my version?

Can the resulting an anilabs be run stand alone? If not what must be provided to the end user to run them?

Can the anilabs be run inside TurboPDF?

Thanks

Aussiebloke

Darryl
TCW 2015 Platinum, TCW 2016 Platinum, TCW 2017 Platinum, Graficalc & Windows 10
using Lightworks & Redsdk

* April 25, 2016, 02:19:17 PM
Just found that I've got anilab on the install disk, is that a trial version or paid version?

Darryl

* April 25, 2016, 02:32:17 PM
1. AimLab was pretty stable in the latest build of 2015 (it was a bit wonky in earlier 2015 builds), However it can be unstable if one uses a lot of constraints, other than that its not bad, no different to TC really, with or without AnimLab -  TC itself will crash occasionally and one doesn't know why, there is the odd thing that doesn't work if one has not got Lightworks plug-in but nothing major.

2. AnimLab can save as AVI, Gif and MOV (I've not tired the MOV option) so any player which can handle them will do, windows media player for example, that said I nearly always open the AVI in a movie program for adding notation and save from there usually as MP4 (which AnimLab doesn't output).

3. No idea, Sorry,  if there is an option within TurboPdf to import AVI of Gif then I can't think of any reason why it would not play.

4. Unless you purchased a special package then its more than likely a trial version. can't do any harm to install it and give it a try, BUT don't use it on any important drawings for now.

## Edit ## if you want to have a look at what's available in AnimationLab, scroll down the wiki index AnimLab
http://www3.turbocadcommunity.com/tiki-index.php?page=Index
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 02:36:19 PM by Andy H »

* April 25, 2016, 02:45:33 PM
I dont know anything about AL, but TurboPDF can run a *.AVI

Torfinn

V18, V19, V20, V21, 2015 Pro. Platinum
Deluxe V20, V21, 2015
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Home Premium 64 bit, 32 GB
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780m, 1 GB

* April 26, 2016, 12:47:46 AM
Thanks Henry & Torfinn

Gunna purchase TurboPDF from Mindscape in Australia.

Aussiebloke

Darryl

April 26, 2016, 07:37:14 AM
Darryl,

Animation Lab does not produce stand alone, executable, files, as such.
But, it does produce various standard video format files that can be played by most available software, of that type.
Like most things in life, it does have it's quirks, but, I have found it reliable enough and very adaptable to animating most TurboCAD derived projects.
It does take some learning, but it rewards effort and imagination.

Regards Tim

You can design without engineering, but you cannot engineer without design.
Testing/using with Win 10 and various TurboCAD 64-bit versions.

* April 26, 2016, 01:23:51 PM
Thankyou Andy H, Torfinn & Tim

I will buy as soon as I'm done with all my drawings.

Aussiebloke

Darryl