TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

All posts discussing pricing or where to buy TurboCAD will be deleted.

Please Review TurboCAD - We would love to hear your thoughts...
Read 4758 times
April 11, 2016, 04:51:40 PM
Hello, In order to improve the satisfaction of our customers, we ask that you please fill out the form below.

https://yotpo.com/go/aOSWGoDL

All reviews, good, bad or otherwise are greatly appreciated.  Thanks so much for your input.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 09:34:29 AM by Dave Taylor »

Thanks,
Dave Taylor
TurboCAD Product Manager

April 20, 2016, 11:05:11 PM
Is the form going to be public?  Because I used it to list several bugs that have annoyed me the last several versions.

Jeff

TC Pro Platinum 2017, 2016 & 2015 (all with LightWorks) & V21
System: i7-5820K @ 3.30GHz, ASRock X99 Extreme4, 16GB DDR4-2133 RAM, Gigabyte GTX 970, Samsung NVMe SSD 950 (256GB), Windows 7 Pro (64-bit) SP1

April 27, 2016, 02:56:37 PM
Jeff and others,  thanks for the reviews, please keep them coming!  I do believe the reviews are made public.   Similar to our handling of the for forums we encourage all feedback whether positive or negative.   We do have the ability to reject or hide reviews which we feel are completely inappropriate.

And just to clarify, the purpose of the reviews form is to make recommendations on our products to other customers and new prospects.
The form is not intended as a place where a user should go to try to get help. 

For the best response times use:
For bug reporting and/or tech support contact support@imsidesign.com

For sales / customer service support  contact customersupport@imsidesign.com
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 07:46:00 AM by Dave Taylor »

Thanks,
Dave Taylor
TurboCAD Product Manager

* June 24, 2016, 02:16:15 PM
Hi Dave

I reviewed TurboCAD once already and I'm gunna do it again soon.

I work with a guy who uses Solidworks and todate my results with TCW produces comparable results at all levels
on the same and similar projects. We both use these software programs based on our customers unique requirements.

Thanks

Darryl

Darryl
TCW 2015 Platinum, TCW 2016 Platinum, TCW 2017 Platinum, Graficalc & Windows 10
using Lightworks & Redsdk

* October 05, 2016, 06:31:18 PM
Fix the workplane  problem this version has. You tried in both of the last patches but it was did not fix the problem. In the architectural area my old drawings do not open correctly in the present version. I have a TEMPLATE set up with 2D walls on workplanes at .5" and 1" and I draw 3D walls on the plane by world. When viewing the 3D render some of the walls that pass thru the 2D layers even if they are off disappear, If i delete the 2D walls the render is correct. I reported this and the next two patches tried to fix the problem but failed. I would like to use the next version, 2016 was a waste of money because I had to use 2015 this year or change my template and the hundreds of old plans if I wanted to use 2016.
   The roof tool really needs to be changed to work like the tool in version 12 where the roof thickness is not based on a perpendicular measurement to the surface but is a vertical measurement It would make roof slicing of multiple pitch roofs so much easier because the program automatically adjusts the two surfaces to the same thickness for any pitch roof. You should talk to a framing contractor how roofs are designed. 
  Myron Wilson (Rafter)
        30 years as a framing contractor

* October 05, 2016, 07:47:50 PM
I like the roof the way it is

Nikki
TC20 platinum
TC 2015 platinum
TC 2017 with lightworks

October 06, 2016, 09:32:31 AM
I am unaware of any workplane issue that needs to be fixed. Can you please elaborate?

Similarly, any problems with opening old files and/or templates should also be reported.

The roof tool algorithms are extremely complex.  The adjustments we have made since v12 have been in response to user's requests for change in behavior.
Out of curiosity have you tried using the roof slab functionality?

Thanks,
Dave Taylor
TurboCAD Product Manager

* October 06, 2016, 09:58:46 AM
The roof tool in version 16 is a time saver for slicing and dicing a roof. The new version requires calculating how thick to make the roof for every pitch in order to get them to plane in the valleys I carry it out to 3 decimal places and it still does not match. In Version 16 the program does it automatically and it is exact. From version 17 and up the roof tool requires work-a-rounds and time to get the results similar to version 16 and before.
  I just read the new post from Dave. Is there a way to look up past posts from a single user? If so look up the previous ones from "rafter" I posted it early in the year on the workplane problem and you responded to the post at the time. I realize the program is very complex but now the roof tool planes in all the lower surface of the roofs, how about allowing the roof to extrude positive or negative so we can at least get the top surfaces to match in the valleys and we can slice the bottom tip off?
  I looked at the roof slab tool and I will look at it again if I remember though I had already converted to an ACIS solid and it did not help me but it will check it out the explanation of a tools use is pretty bad in the help topics.
  Do not get me wrong, I love the program but the tool does not work the way I as a contractor think when I build a roof. Roofs deal in heel height at the plate line.
    Myron TC Pro Plat 10-2016
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 10:08:36 AM by rafter »

* October 06, 2016, 10:53:43 AM
re: …Is there a way to look up past posts from a single user? If so look up the previous ones from "rafter" I posted it early in the year on the workplane problem and you responded to the post at the time.…

Is 2016Pro Plat fails to open old files accurately the topic mentioned?

John R.

V17—V21, 2015, 2016, 2017
Designer, Deluxe, Expert, Basic, Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10, 64-bit

* October 06, 2016, 11:21:27 AM
The post was on April 8 " 2016 Pro Plat fails to open files accurately" Page 5 of the problems section about 2/3 down the page.
    Myron

October 06, 2016, 11:45:55 AM
Ok I do remember that thread now...
We'll try to get that fixed for 2016.2 

Thanks,
Dave Taylor
TurboCAD Product Manager

* October 06, 2016, 12:23:15 PM
I totally agree with Nikki, it should be like it is now, that is the correct way, in my opinion at least.

Maybe it is better for Rafter's use and with multiple Pitch to have it this way, but not for me

There is issue's with the roof tool, but that is solved with the roof slab tool, basically.

And why is it difficult to slice the two different solid "roofs" so they have a perfect miter, set the view correct and use "by 2 Points", or make a Box that will go between the intersection of top and bottom of the two roofs intersections and "Slice by workplane", or make a 2D profile and sweep it or...

Honestly, i believe most of the users want it to work like it do now.
Btw, i start to make framework in 1973 and i have never see another way of doing it, it is the perpendicular height that tell me something about the strenght of the beam, not the vertical, as that will change deepending on the angle, or should it be nessesary to calculate that also for every project, i know what i prefer :)

Torfinn

V18, V19, V20, V21, 2015 Pro. Platinum
Deluxe V20, V21, 2015
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Home Premium 64 bit, 32 GB
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780m, 1 GB

* November 08, 2016, 04:03:07 PM
I haven't filled out the form.  And won't as I'm probably not long to use TurboCAD.  May switch to AutoCAD.

But, in case it is me, I'll give you a chance.  I have a copy of 20 Pro, and when I put it on this new Dell (Win 10) with a 4K monitor I found it almost unusable as the icons are so small.  So, I downloaded a trial version of 2016 Pro - same issue.  Then I tried to close 2016 Pro and it has hung.  Won't let me close it.  But, it let me open a new copy, which then hung when I tried to open another file - that works on 20.

I'm really frustrated with TurboCAD, as you can see.

* February 24, 2017, 10:03:09 AM
You say you would love to hear my thoughts, haha. I recently purchased TurboCAD Deluxe v16 and TurboCAD Furniture Maker From IMSI Design on the assurance that I would be able to use it together and would get TECH support. I have been trying to get someone at IMSI Design to teach me how to make The Furniture Maker plug-in my own. That is change the "sample" prices, cabinet lists and materials to be the items we use everyday in our cabinet shop. I have talked to the salesman who sold it to me and 2 tech persons with no results. When I sent in my review of the product, I got a reply from some one in the "service" department. She was as useless as the tech persons. No one at this company can tell me where to look for the ENGLISH versions of the tutorials. I said I was going to get a refund if they could not help me. Evidently they don't care about the customers. Because they said they would do the refund. I read some of the forums and realized that I made a mistake not reading them before I paid. IMSI Design does not give refunds without a long drawn out fight. I can't afford the stress these days. I will just teach myself how to operate this program and hope that the uncaring people in that company FALL OFF THE FACE OF THIS EARTH!!!!!!!

* February 28, 2017, 04:57:39 AM
You have my sympathies, Newbie, as a fellow newbie.

The basic problem is that TurboCAD is not at all intuitive, and procedures that work 3 or 4 times, say, don't always work on the 4th or 5th in the same session, or in the way their names and the manual implies.

I bought a training-video on CD along with the programme itself, but it soon proved erroneous, deleting the very first exercise part-way through with an instructed key-stroke that should have let me move to adding the next feature!

The on-line, .pdf manual doesn't really help you much. It tells you what things do, but not really how to make them do it, unless that's hidden somewhere not obvious.

If you try the on-line videos offered in the tool-bar 'Help' menu, they demand Adobe Flash Player. That opens an even deeper hexadecimal can of  worms, because either your computer will accept AFP or it won't. Adobe's own users' forum reveals many won't, but the offered solutions demand understanding system files & structures, analysis tools, command-line procedures, etc.  Make a mistake there and you risk disabling your computer.

At least you can struggle along in TurboCAD by trial-&-error, and mistakes at worst merely lose your drawing, or fail to draw what you intended.

* February 28, 2017, 07:34:54 PM

Don't bash the program because of your frustrations - others use it successfully. I do.
Turbocad does work consistently. It just takes a time to learn because it is a complex program.

I have worked with a few 3d Cad programs and most have a steep learning curve.
I think a lot of new users have preconceived ideas of how the program should work from other programs or they have no experience with CAD and don't realise how much time and effort it takes to learn.

Nikki
TC20 platinum
TC 2015 platinum
TC 2017 with lightworks

* March 09, 2017, 11:15:06 AM
Is the CAM forum slow to respond to questions or is it just me?

Darryl

March 09, 2017, 11:43:11 PM
Is the CAM forum slow to respond to questions or is it just me?

Except for the 4 most recent threads (3 of which are by you, including the replies), no posts have been made in the CAM group since 2015.

It just seems that, among TurboCAD users, those who are actually making stuff either aren't using the CAM plug-in or aren't coming here for help.

Jeff

TC Pro Platinum 2017, 2016 & 2015 (all with LightWorks) & V21
System: i7-5820K @ 3.30GHz, ASRock X99 Extreme4, 16GB DDR4-2133 RAM, Gigabyte GTX 970, Samsung NVMe SSD 950 (256GB), Windows 7 Pro (64-bit) SP1

* March 10, 2017, 12:22:40 PM
Hey Jeff, thanks for that feedback. Im satisfied with tcw's ability in being able to do some really cool development on a range of diverse areas for the ongoing development for our needs. In essence tcw is damn good for us.

Is there only one person on the cam  group that speaks with authority on all matters?

I can see awesome opportunities with cad cam, but until I get some answers...... Im stuck. Still dont know if its me or the conversions getting in the way, and the absolute lack of help through this group is...... Sure I understand imsi are busy with tc 2017. Guess Im lucky that Im just trialling the app and didnt pay up front.

Daz

Darryl

* March 19, 2017, 09:18:00 PM
Hello, In order to improve the satisfaction of our customers, we ask that you please fill out the form below.

https://yotpo.com/go/aOSWGoDL

All reviews, good, bad or otherwise are greatly appreciated.  Thanks so much for your input.

Great Product to use, Indeed.

Thanks & Regards,
Zunair Attif
Team Lead SQA
IMSI\Design