TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

All posts discussing pricing or where to buy TurboCAD will be deleted.

Up date from orignal turboCAD V1.02
Read 2224 times
* March 26, 2016, 02:50:08 PM
I have been using
V1 since 1993 have been running it in Windows 7 pro in virtual XP mode. It got corrupted and I cant reinstall it. any help there.

2. tried Turbocad 9 designer several years ago and was not happy so went back to V1
What is the best match, lowest price for a 2D version.

3 I have an extensive library of drawings and schematics. how do I update them to run in newer versions?

* March 28, 2016, 10:17:53 AM
U might not want to hear this....but if I was in your position, since your version is so very old, I would just bite the bullet and buy Turbocad Deluxe 2015/2016 and install it fresh.  I am sure there are many many new features compared to the original that would make it worth your while.   It would be worth your time I think to learn the new version.

You are using software that was designed 20 plus years ago for a pre W2K/XP OS, which are long gone.  I think at that time, Windows 98 was in the planning stages.  My guess is that your version 1 of TC was for Windows 95 or NT.

On your last question not sure on that one.  Maybe one of the TC experts can help you on that one.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 10:39:52 AM by nadsab »

* March 28, 2016, 11:09:32 AM
I have been using
V1 since 1993 have been running it in Windows 7 pro in virtual XP mode. It got corrupted and I cant reinstall it. any help there.

2. tried Turbocad 9 designer several years ago and was not happy so went back to V1

3 I have an extensive library of drawings and schematics. how do I update them to run in newer versions?

Post one of those old drawings so we can experiment with running them in newer versions.

Henry H

* March 28, 2016, 12:01:59 PM
how do I post a file

March 28, 2016, 12:10:47 PM
At the bottom of the reply window, select Attachments and other options.
Choose a file on your PC, from any of the indicated file options, including TCW (of course!).
Your file will be uploaded when you post the message.

Regards Tim

You can design without engineering, but you cannot engineer without design.
Using Win 10 with Designer 2017 and TurboCAD Pro. Plat. 2016/2017/2018 + Lightworks (64-bit versions) + AnimationLab.

* March 28, 2016, 10:15:54 PM
I have been using

• Attached is a copy of Version 1.02. Maybe that will install.
  • In my opinion, get TurboCAD Designer 2016, but your files have to be updated. Your biggest problem will probably be getting used to Model Space and Paper Space. Drawing at full size in Model Space and creating "views", then going to Paper Space and inserting those views as a scaled Viewport. You're no longer tied down to a one "scale", as each Viewport can be set to a different scale.
  • To open your Version 1 files in later versions, they need to updated (Saved) in TurboCAD Version 2. Any Windows TurboCAD program can read V2 files, but not V1. A copy of Version 2.03 is attached below. If you do update your files, test on a few "copies" first. Post one or two here and someone could check to see if they open in a current version.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1803), 64-bit