TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

Text size when scaling drawings
Read 1417 times
* March 19, 2016, 01:12:40 AM
Morning all,
Been using Turbocad for some time, if intermittently, usually for small engineering projects and building's floor plans.
I have regularly come across a text scale problem when scaling a full size draing to fit an A4 or A0 template.
If I scale the drawing to fit the template then the dim. text size, arrows etc. remain as drawn (good, that's what I want) but the dimensions change to match the scale (which isn't what I want).
If I scale the template to fit the drawing then everything remains the same as drawn but scale when printed meaning the dims. are usually too small.
Normally it isn't too much of a problem just globally change the dims. to suit the scale and print it off.
However crunch time has arrived. I'm doing a drawing of a very large building and it's too much to keep changing all of the dims all the time doing prints of different scales.
So as there is bound to be solution for keeping text and dimension sizes as drawn when scaling for the printer I would be obliged if someone could tell me what it is.
Thanks in advance.

* March 19, 2016, 09:57:00 AM
It sounds to me like you are not using Paperspaces and Viewports.

Are you using Paperspaces and Viewports?

Alvin Gregorio
(mostly Residential Architectural 2D; no formal CAD Training; intermittent TurboCAD user since yr. 2000 [ver6.5])
---TurboCAD: V20.2PP(57.0)[as of 3/12/15]; V19DL(54.2); V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)

* March 23, 2016, 06:45:36 AM
Thanks for the reply and apologies for the delay in replying.

You are correct, I use "Modelspace" to draw on and "named views" to print.

* March 23, 2016, 05:40:20 PM
Better practice is not to dimension in model space.  As Alvin advises, create viewports from your named views, insert the viewports into paperspaces and dimension them there.  The viewports can be scaled to suit but dimensioning performed in paperspace keeps the properties that you've given it there.   It's easy to learn and use, you keep your setups with the file for reuse, and you can have as many as you need for different printers or print sizes.     

* March 24, 2016, 04:50:21 AM
Thanks for that. I'll give it a go and see what happens!