TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

Table and Chairs
Read 1771 times
* February 13, 2016, 09:55:55 PM
Just a simple little drawing of W. Heath Robinsons Table and Chairs using one piece Chromium steel (TC 2015 + RedSdk).

Whilst well known in the UK, I'm not sure if Heath Robinson is known on the other side of the pond,  his drawings are humorous but highly impractical.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 10:13:40 PM by Andy H »

* February 13, 2016, 10:14:42 PM
Just a simple little drawing of W. Heath Robinsons Table and Chairs using one piece Chromium steel (TC 2015 + RedSdk).

Whilst well known in the UK, I'm not sure if Heath Robinson is known on the other side of the pond,  his drawings are humorous but highly impractical.

##Edit - drawing being re-done as I forgot Perspective - End Edit ##

I look forward to seeing it.  :)

DonCW

2017 Platinum
Light Works Plug in
Windows 10
There's so much to learn and not much time left to learn it.

* February 14, 2016, 01:30:01 PM
Looks like fun, Andy.

Henry H

* February 14, 2016, 03:33:32 PM

Hi Andy

It was well worth waiting to see. Thanks for sharing.

DonCW

2017 Platinum
Light Works Plug in
Windows 10
There's so much to learn and not much time left to learn it.

* February 14, 2016, 04:57:25 PM
Nice, Andy.  The impractical version of those expandable, four-seats-and-a-picnic-table that fold into the size of a suitcase.  In the US, Rube Goldberg drew whimsical descriptive cartoons of complicated, impractical devices that used convoluted multi-stage means to achieve simple ends, in the same vein as Heath Robinson.  That Honda TV ad, "Cog" (on Youtube if you haven't seen it, notoriously took over 600 attempts to get it to run through as designed, nowadays they'd probably cheat with CGI), is a bit of a nod to both of them. 

February 16, 2016, 05:49:01 AM
Talk about Rube Goldberg, on news today someone actually designed chairs that repositioned themselves properly tucked under the conference table all in alignment -as if ready for the next meeting.  To paraphrase the newscaster some “how lazy can you get”?  Moreover what company would buy such extravagances in a competitive market?

February 21, 2016, 08:46:14 AM
Nice job Andy! Thanks for sharing...

Thanks,
Dave Taylor
TurboCAD Product Manager

* March 29, 2016, 12:22:41 PM
Great rendering...I never seen Heath Robinsons work before...looks fun!

March 29, 2016, 12:26:45 PM
Well played Andy H.!!! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks,
Dave Taylor
TurboCAD Product Manager