TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

All posts discussing pricing or where to buy TurboCAD will be deleted.

LayerSwich doesn't work anymore
Read 1589 times
* February 12, 2016, 06:28:04 AM
Hi Guys,

When I loaded a file made in TC20 which has animationlab code in it that uses the [LayerSwitch] function I found out that it does not work anymore in TC2015

I also made a test with a new file and four spheres to see if it will work in TC2015 but it did not.
Am I doing something obvious wrong or is this [LayerSwitch] option not functional anymore.

I hope someone will try it out for me in TC2015

Thanks in advance.
Ralf

Ps. We have a new website which heavily depends on TC Drawingas and animation.
      Please visit it and let me know what you think. www.ralfkras.com or www.kras.design

TC V20.2
TC V2015 pro
AnimationlabV5
Turbocad CAM

* February 12, 2016, 08:09:04 AM
For me bringing old files into 2015 can sometimes be problematic, nothing to do with AL as its the same even without any animation, but as to your question, Layer switch is working fine for me using pro 2015 and windows 10.

How have you got the switches set up, attached is just a quickie using layer switch to turn on / off each latter

##Edit## forgot to mention - nice site, I looked at the modular one (near the NHS hospital)  and it animates very nicely. ##End Edit##
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 08:25:53 AM by Andy H »

* February 12, 2016, 08:56:57 AM
I must do something obviously wrong then..

I loaded a file that worked with layerSwitch in 20TC but not in 2015TC

I tried to re-program the LayerSwitches but it did not work

I tried to make a new file with for sphere's and using LayerSwitch. This did not work either

As it works at your setup, the logical conclusion is I am doing something stupid  >:(

Can you send me the TCW file with the Hello file so I can test it and understand why I will be ashamed?

TC V20.2
TC V2015 pro
AnimationlabV5
Turbocad CAM

* February 12, 2016, 09:00:17 AM
Sure, no problem, file attached

The layer switching is attached to a circle on a hidden layer (named circ in AL)

« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 09:02:11 AM by Andy H »

* February 12, 2016, 09:19:11 AM
Yup, it is official now. I am stupid.

your file renders perfectly so I am doing something stupid.

I still have to find out what but that must not be too much hazzle with your file as guidance.

Thanks man.
I was on the brink of crying my brains out and trash my PC.

TC V20.2
TC V2015 pro
AnimationlabV5
Turbocad CAM

* February 13, 2016, 05:17:31 AM
I found out what went wrong,

The layerSwitch commands were attached to an actor that is a group which contains the layers to be switched on and off.
For some reason it worked in TC20 and not in TC2015

I am not wasting time to find out why but accept it and make the same hidden circle that you use :-)

Thanks again,
Ralf

TC V20.2
TC V2015 pro
AnimationlabV5
Turbocad CAM

* February 13, 2016, 05:47:57 AM
I haven't actually tried using the switch in a group actor, I always used a static object, occasionally hidden as with the circle, but mostly I will use a static visible rendered object that contains only has the switches, that way I don't have to bother about hiding any object and there is no possibility the code will be interfered with.

If you have any visible object which doesn't have any code attached I'd suggest using that instead of a hidden one, as if you look at the drawing in the future you won't accidentally delete the coded object, (I have a poor memory and often select objects in AL to see object they are attached to - not possible if its hidden).

* February 13, 2016, 06:23:52 AM
Nope, still not working.

I linked the LayerSwitch commands to a circle. No luck
I Exploded the group. No luck

I have attached a screendump to clear things up

I am afraid something in the deep code of this file is different with TC20 and TC 2015 will not have it.

Your file worked perfectly but this file still will not .

TC V20.2
TC V2015 pro
AnimationlabV5
Turbocad CAM

* February 13, 2016, 06:43:23 AM
Ok I see it now while sending you the screendump.

quotation marks

They were probably not needed in TC20 but I put them in and it works perfectly

Couldn't do it without you

Thanks

TC V20.2
TC V2015 pro
AnimationlabV5
Turbocad CAM

* February 13, 2016, 06:49:55 AM
Can't remember about v20, but I often forget the layer name quote marks which layerswitch requires (at least in v21 and 2015).

Glad you got it sorted.

* February 13, 2016, 08:39:28 AM
Such a small detail but it took sooo much time.
Again TC is not to blame. Just me  :-[

TC V20.2
TC V2015 pro
AnimationlabV5
Turbocad CAM