TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

All posts discussing pricing or where to buy TurboCAD will be deleted.

Rotation Handle
Read 1874 times
February 03, 2016, 10:47:42 AM
In 2D I wish the rotation handle could be frozen in position so it maintained a given relationship to the pivot point.  This could be turned on and off in the inspector bar or local menu.

* February 03, 2016, 12:24:46 PM
You can mouseover the rotation node, then hold down the Ctrl key. The cursor changes to a Hand. Click on the node and move it where you want it. Rotate the object.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2018
Designer, Deluxe, Expert, Basic, Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10, 64-bit

July 18, 2016, 04:36:35 PM
I know I'm a long time in responding.  Thanks for your info, but in the kind of work I do (scene design) it would really be handy if the rotation handle, once moved, would stay put.  I am often working with a piece of scenery in a ground plan that has a critical point that must rotate into a relationship with another piece of scenery. When collaborating with others and debating various options that require repetitive experimentation this would save time and annoyance.

* July 18, 2016, 05:10:56 PM
I know I'm a long time in responding.  Thanks for your info, but in the kind of work I do (scene design) it would really be handy if the rotation handle, once moved, would stay put.  I am often working with a piece of scenery in a ground plan that has a critical point that must rotate into a relationship with another piece of scenery. When collaborating with others and debating various options that require repetitive experimentation this would save time and annoyance.

At present the only thing I can see to accomplish what I think you want, is to use the classic 3d selector, in the properties under coordinate system, Extents, Entity CS, see png.  Using the X handle only.

I agree about the 2D rotation handle resetting to its original position every time you re-select an object being a P.I.T.A. one of the reasons i don't use the 2D selector much.

Matthew

Just a hobby user.
TurboCAD Vr. 18.2 Platinum
TurboCAD Vr. 2015 Platinum
TurboCAD Vr. 2016 Platinum
PC - Intel i7, 3.2 GHz, 32GB RAM, Window 10 64bit
Graphics ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series, 1GB RAM