TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

Rotation Handle
Read 740 times
February 03, 2016, 10:47:42 AM
In 2D I wish the rotation handle could be frozen in position so it maintained a given relationship to the pivot point.  This could be turned on and off in the inspector bar or local menu.

* February 03, 2016, 12:24:46 PM
You can mouseover the rotation node, then hold down the Ctrl key. The cursor changes to a Hand. Click on the node and move it where you want it. Rotate the object.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015, 2016, 2017
Designer, Deluxe, Basic, Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10, 64-bit

July 18, 2016, 04:36:35 PM
I know I'm a long time in responding.  Thanks for your info, but in the kind of work I do (scene design) it would really be handy if the rotation handle, once moved, would stay put.  I am often working with a piece of scenery in a ground plan that has a critical point that must rotate into a relationship with another piece of scenery. When collaborating with others and debating various options that require repetitive experimentation this would save time and annoyance.

* July 18, 2016, 05:10:56 PM
I know I'm a long time in responding.  Thanks for your info, but in the kind of work I do (scene design) it would really be handy if the rotation handle, once moved, would stay put.  I am often working with a piece of scenery in a ground plan that has a critical point that must rotate into a relationship with another piece of scenery. When collaborating with others and debating various options that require repetitive experimentation this would save time and annoyance.

At present the only thing I can see to accomplish what I think you want, is to use the classic 3d selector, in the properties under coordinate system, Extents, Entity CS, see png.  Using the X handle only.

I agree about the 2D rotation handle resetting to its original position every time you re-select an object being a P.I.T.A. one of the reasons i don't use the 2D selector much.

Matthew

Just a hobby user.
TurboCAD Vr. 18.2 Platinum
TurboCAD Vr. 2015 Platinum
TurboCAD Vr. 2016 Platinum
PC - Intel i7, 3.2 GHz, 32GB RAM, Window 10 64bit
Graphics ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series, 1GB RAM