TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Interested in some really terrific mobile apps? Visit www.turboapps.com for details.

Printing jpeg images
Read 2084 times
* December 31, 2009, 09:24:05 AM
I imported a .jpg image into model space and then made my drawing on top of it.  Everything looks fine in paper space and in print preview.  When I attempt to print the drawing, however, the image is dropped and only what I drew is visible.  This happens regardless of whether I try to print to an ink jet printer, a laser printer, or just as a .pdf.  Is there a solution to this problem?  I'm using TC12 Deluxe.

* December 31, 2009, 10:47:22 AM
I imported a .jpg image into model space and then made my drawing on top of it.  Everything looks fine in paper space and in print preview.  When I attempt to print the drawing, however, the image is dropped and only what I drew is visible.  This happens regardless of whether I try to print to an ink jet printer, a laser printer, or just as a .pdf.  Is there a solution to this problem?  I'm using TC12 Deluxe.

This works for me when printing a page in Paperspace that contains a Viewport showing the image, when the image was imported using Insert|Picture|From File, but I'm not sure it works under other circumstances: Go to Tools|Raster Image|Image Manager; select the image from the list; click "Embed"; click "Apply"; click "OK."

Henry H

December 31, 2009, 04:53:58 PM

If possible, change the JPEG to GIF. Winston advised me to do that some time ago and since then I have not had problems with embedded picture files causing trouble.

* January 04, 2010, 10:58:53 PM
...change the JPEG to GIF. ...
If the jpeg contains more than 256 colors, there will definitely be a loss of image detail.  GIF image format only supports 256 colors.

* January 05, 2010, 04:54:44 AM
re: When I attempt to print the drawing, however, the image is dropped and only what I drew is visible.

Is the image on the $Construction layer? That layer doesn't print unless it is told to in "File / Page Setup".

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1803), 64-bit