TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When replying to a specific statement be sure to quote the previous post.

Bedroom in winter
Read 4065 times
* December 31, 2009, 06:42:56 AM
All models were created and rendered in Tc16 with a final gather 10 m presentation setting. Long render time! It came out a bit darker then I had intended. The back ground is a photo added to the render environment setting.

[attachment deleted by admin]

* December 31, 2009, 07:04:26 AM
That's excellent. I also like all the window and moulding details.

don
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 12:02:28 PM by Don Wensrich »

DonCW
2017 Pro with Light Works Plug in
2018 Platinum

Windows 10
There's so much to learn and not much time left to learn it.

* December 31, 2009, 11:08:55 AM
All models were created and rendered in Tc16 with a final gather 10 m presentation setting. Long render time! It came out a bit darker then I had intended. The back ground is a photo added to the render environment setting.

Very nice. The lighting is especially interesting.

Henry H

* January 01, 2010, 01:52:36 PM
Great rendering, lovely bed design and mouldings.

* January 01, 2010, 06:35:38 PM
Thanks for the comments everyone,
I am wondering if any one knows the reason that light can be seen shining through a pane of window glass only in the final gather rendering settings. It does not seem to act as a transparent medium for light in the full and raytrace full settings? In the past when I desired the look of light streaming through mullions I would not include the glass in the window frame.

Regards,

Steve

* January 01, 2010, 06:56:01 PM
Thanks for the comments everyone,
I am wondering if any one knows the reason that light can be seen shining through a pane of window glass only in the final gather rendering settings. It does not seem to act as a transparent medium for light in the full and raytrace full settings? In the past when I desired the look of light streaming through mullions I would not include the glass in the window frame.

Regards,

Steve

You need to use "Luminance" light(s) to shine through glass in Full and RTF render modes. In the Luminance Properties dialog you need to enable Shadows; and in Shadow transparency you must select "On" and DEselect "Global."

Henry H

* January 01, 2010, 07:33:35 PM
Thank you Henry! another piece of the puzzle put in place.

Steve

January 03, 2010, 07:11:32 AM
Nicely done.

Regards

Dave

Dave C
TC Pro V14.2 - TC 21 Platinum 64 Bit Build 22.3
Intel i-4770K 3.5GHz
120GB ssd 2TB hd
16GB memory
64bit Windows 7 Pro

www.ipernity.com/fizzyfitz

* January 03, 2010, 07:46:05 AM
Nice work but very , very cold feeling. Maybe that's because we have 3 below this morning.

You mentioned long rendering times. I think you can reduce it by changing the wall color properties to have no or much less 'shine' to it. Enamel paint on a bedroom wall also makes for a less than cozy feel.

Very nice furniture and details in your model.

Jack

* January 03, 2010, 08:11:23 AM
Thanks Jack,
That is helpful I am going to try a render with no reflectance on the wall. As a furniture designer and maker I am using the program to display the furniture in settings for my website. I am struggling to get the lighting to feel the way I would like it to. All advice is welcome.

Regards,

Steve

January 03, 2010, 03:20:11 PM