TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

All posts discussing pricing or where to buy TurboCAD will be deleted.

Turbocad 2015 delux just won't start!
Read 5822 times
* January 02, 2016, 12:15:45 PM
Hello,

I have just installed TurboCAD 2015 delux on my PC running 64 bit Windows 10.

I double click the icon.

I get the open file, new file, history box.

I click a sample file to open or click new file or any combination i can think of and the box disappears and nothing happens.

This is my first try with TurboCAD and I'm not happy.

I've read stuff about deleting the built-in folder but can't find that.

Any help would be gratefully recieved.

Many thanks,

James

* January 02, 2016, 01:17:13 PM
I wonder if you're waiting long enough for TCad to open. Be sure to wait until the program fills your whole screen. It's a rather large program and takes more than just a few seconds to open.

Henry H

* January 02, 2016, 01:48:08 PM
maybe TC should put up a progress bar to show it is still working

* January 03, 2016, 01:06:06 AM
I tried leaving the computer to chug away after i clicked new but still nothing. There's nothing running when you open task manager so I really don't think it's doing anything. I'll try reinstalling it.

James

* January 03, 2016, 07:46:06 AM
I tried leaving the computer to chug away after i clicked new but still nothing. There's nothing running when you open task manager so I really don't think it's doing anything. I'll try reinstalling it.

James

OK.

Henry H

* January 03, 2016, 12:12:52 PM
Any other thoughts? Re instling it didn't work though I don't think I got it all off as it hasn't asked for an activation code. The open/new window pops up. I click new. It disappears. Nothing. Rubbish.

James

* January 03, 2016, 12:19:18 PM
Just found this:

Q: TurboCAD Disappears on startup

A: There is a known conflict between TurboCAD and some video adapter drivers.

When this happens you will not be able to get past the start up screen, it will most likely get stuck trying to load the file tcimage.dll. If you try and open up a file, create a new file or hit cancel the start up screen will disappear but TurboCAD will remain running in the background using up much of your CPU.

To stop TurboCAD from running you must end the process through the task manager or shutdown your computer.

Downloading the latest patch of TurboCAD from turbocad.com or updating the driver to your video card may be all you need to do to fix this problem.

If neither of those solutions work then you will need to delete two files from the TurboCAD program folder. I will use the folder paths for Designer v12 for this example.

Imagemanager.dll in C:Program Files/IMSI/TCD12/Program

TCimage.dll in C:Program FilesIMSI/TCD12/Program/Regens

If you delete both of these files TurboCAD will open up. Unfortunately after you delete these files you will be able to insert pictures into your drawings as OLE objects only.

* January 03, 2016, 12:40:38 PM
Deleted those two files, still nothing.

* January 03, 2016, 06:04:26 PM
Just for curiosity, at what point does TC freeze if you do not click anything in the start-up screen, I presume if you don't click anything then the startup should just sit there, but at the bottom of it should show the name of the process where it stopped.

This thread sound like a similar problem (except with v21), maybe something to check, though I just noticed in your previous post that task manager doesn't even show any TC process running.
http://forums.turbocad.com/index.php/topic,17687.msg103380.html#msg103380
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 06:12:27 PM by Andy H »

* January 26, 2016, 01:06:25 PM
I have the same problem, was this resolved?

* February 11, 2016, 02:53:10 AM
Hi All,

Had the same problem, tried BIOS update, latest Nvidia drivers, kicked the cat - still nothing.

Loaded the 32 bit version and it ran fine - so that's my solution until TC sort this out!

* February 11, 2016, 04:23:45 PM
I had a similar problem with my TC 20 Professional Platinum for the past few years. Most of the times TurboCAD did not start at the first attempt.
Sometimes I had to start two or three times until it finally appeared.
If this was the case, the TC20 - process appeared in the taskmanager but not the TCStart - process. I than had to kill The TC20 process and retry.

I finally found the cause of this behavior. Upon Startup, TurboCAD makes a "call" to russia which my virus scanner (bitdefender) detected as malware and silently blocked it. Found those calls as I once looked through the protocols.

As I myself did not like that call as well, I learned to live with that strange behavior.
Since I have moved to another virus scanner a few weeks ago, TC starts properly every single time.

As I write these lines, I realize that about since then it seems that I get marketing mails from TurboCAD at least once a week.  >:(

Might be something similar in Your case.

Frank

* February 12, 2016, 02:20:44 PM
Thanks for the information. 

* February 13, 2016, 12:20:10 PM
Hello,

Me again! I've still never managed to start TurboCAD Deluxe 2015. The file it sticks at when loading is

TurboCAD 2015 register tools from TCmark.dll

I have not tried installing the 32 bit version but will do so now.

James

February 13, 2016, 12:52:15 PM
Have you tried installing in Administrator Mode?  When I went to 64-Windows 7 from 32-bit, that was required for at least 3 different software packages that used to run just fine.

Jeff

TC Pro Platinum 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016 & 2015 (all with LightWorks & RedSDK) & V21
System: i7-5820K @ 3.30GHz, ASRock X99 Extreme4, 16GB DDR4-2133 RAM, Gigabyte GTX 970, Samsung NVMe SSD 950 (256GB), Windows 7 Pro (64-bit) SP1

* February 25, 2016, 03:15:43 AM
Hello,

Just tried installing and running app as administrator. Still hangs on

Will try installing 32 bit now.

James

February 25, 2016, 05:59:02 AM
Hello,

Just tried installing and running app as administrator. Still hangs on

Will try installing 32 bit now.

James

You might have a look at the linked thread.  I had the same type of indications when trying to install the LightWorks plugin.  I my case, it seemed related to a specific OEM running Windows 10 but I could not check the same install on a Windows 7 system so it may do the same thing.

http://forums.turbocad.com/index.php/topic,18558.0.html

Clark
TC2015 Platinum

* February 25, 2016, 06:54:46 AM
I got a bit lost in that thread. I've tried emailing Avanquest support again.

I the 32 bit version keeps failing to download!

I may be cursed.

* June 14, 2016, 09:32:44 AM
If the correct versions of the vc redistributables are not installed, the program will throw side-by-side errors as seen in the user’s application logs.
So try this -

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=26347

Click on download, then select the x86 and x64 versions, and click Next. After a longish delay, the download screen should pop up for each file.