TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Be sure your post is relevant to the current discussion.  Create a new topic within the appropriate board if you are unsure.

Furniture Maker for TC 2015 deluxe?
Read 2231 times
* December 24, 2015, 03:59:26 AM
Hi Forum,

I am currently downloading an evaluation copy of TC 2015 Deluxe as I want to use it to design 3D Furniture items and then produce 2D Workshop drawings from those models. I also want to export the 3D Models into Home Designer Pro 2016.

I'm particularly interested in the Furniture maker Plugin for TC, but can't find where to download it from. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Many thanks in advance!

December 24, 2015, 05:02:05 AM
Hi,

try here:

https://www.turbocad.com/turbocad-windows/plugins/turbocad-furniture-maker-v16.html

Furniture Maker is 32-bit only, so will only work with 32-bit TC versions.

Regards Tim

You can design without engineering, but you cannot engineer without design.
Testing/using with Win 10 and various TurboCAD 64-bit versions.

* December 25, 2015, 07:47:36 AM
Hi Tim and many thanks for your reply.

Forgive my ignorance, but as a newbie to TurboCAD and Furniture maker, what does FM give me that TurboCAD cannot when it comes to designing my home woodshop projects? As there is no trial download of FM, it's a bit difficult to judge / evaluate if the software will give me what I am looking for (accurate 3D modelling of furniture designs and then full 2D shop drawings from those models).

Forgive my ignorance, but is there a place / link / page I can look to show me what the total capabilities are?

December 25, 2015, 08:57:16 AM
Hi,

Furniture Maker is probably of more relevance to those who regularly design/commission/manufacture, various furniture models.
You could do all this in Deluxe, but it might prove more time consuming in the long run.
If you are new to TurboCAD, it might be preferable to learn Deluxe first.

Take a look at:

http://www.textualcreations.ca/Textual%20Creations%20Shopping%20Page.html

for tutorials.

Perhaps, look at the Furniture Make plug-in when you are more proficient.
I cannot add to the information, available at the link shown in Reply #1.
Unfortunately, there's no quick fix, but it sounds like you could manage well enough with Deluxe alone.

I hope this helps.

Regards Tim

You can design without engineering, but you cannot engineer without design.
Testing/using with Win 10 and various TurboCAD 64-bit versions.

* January 17, 2016, 07:39:35 PM
You really need TC Pro or Platinum I think.

FM is really for designing case goods -- tho I have done some "stick" furniture.

The optimizer (DAEX) makes some pretty decent layouts for case goods and can save you some bucks on expensive sheet goods.

If I see further questions I'll try to chip in with my experience fwiw.

WillR
SW:TC 21 Pro Platinum, FM15, 20 Pro Platinum 64 Bit, also V 19.1 64Bit & 32 bit 17.2 and 18.1; Furniture Maker 14 and 10. HW: Vista 64 Ultimate, AMD 1090 (6 core) 8GB memory Plus also an AMD  8 core systemFX

* December 16, 2016, 10:46:37 AM
Sorry for resurrecting an old thread.

I'm evaluating TC Deluxe and Pro.  I'm thinking of getting FM eventually, but I like the idea of waiting until i'm proficient with TC.

WillR, I was curious why you recommend Pro or Platinum over Deluxe.  Does Pro offer woodworkers many advantages over Deluxe?  It's a big jump in price, so I wanted to get advice before I purchase one or the other.

Thank you,

Michael

February 03, 2017, 11:35:56 AM
The Pro and Platinum versions have many more functions available that increase your workflow and options.  Additionally, they create ACIS Solid Models in addition to the TurboCAD Surfaces that Deluxe works with.

This table compares the various versions for 2016 (but 2017 should be released in the next 4-6 weeks, if the regular schedule is maintained): https://www.turbocad.com/img/cms/TC_2016_Product_Line_Comparison.pdf

Jeff

TC Pro Platinum 2017, 2016 & 2015 (all with LightWorks) & V21
System: i7-5820K @ 3.30GHz, ASRock X99 Extreme4, 16GB DDR4-2133 RAM, Gigabyte GTX 970, Samsung NVMe SSD 950 (256GB), Windows 7 Pro (64-bit) SP1