TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Interested in some really terrific mobile apps? Visit www.turboapps.com for details.

Question about AniLab5
Read 2963 times
* December 19, 2015, 10:40:57 AM
I want to rotate an actor about a point that is not its default Reference Point. Does Anilab 5 offer a way to relocate the RP, or do I have to rotate about the default RP and then issue a "Move" command?

Henry H

December 19, 2015, 11:49:30 AM
Henry,

if you use the default Rotate command, it will rotate about the RP - which you probably guessed.
But, you could try using the Keyframe Editor to achieve a rotation without adding a Move command, if that makes sense.
I have not tried moving the RP using the Keyframe editor or by using a custom script.  Both may, or may not, be possible.
It depends on how much rotating and stuff you are wanting to do.  A case of 'horses for courses'!

Regards Tim

You can design without engineering, but you cannot engineer without design.
Testing/using with Win 10 and various TurboCAD 64-bit versions.

* December 19, 2015, 01:09:38 PM
As Tim says, you can relocate the ref point of an object before animation, for example, animating building an arch one would relocate ref point of the first brick to centre of arch and used duplicate and rotate to build it, however one can't relocate the ref point 'on the fly', for that I think it would need a duplicate object on a hidden layer with the ref point already set, and switch layers.

It may be possible to relocate on the fly using script, but I haven't tried it and vbs is a lot more limiting that vba.     

* December 19, 2015, 01:48:19 PM
I want to rotate an actor about a point that is not its default Reference Point. Does Anilab 5 offer a way to relocate the RP, or do I have to rotate about the default RP and then issue a "Move" command?

Henry H

Try "attach to group",Henry
The circle is attached to the group ( circle and line)

"What do I know, I'm still learning"..
Windows 7 64 bit HP > on a stock HP laptop with 4gb-2.4 GHz.Turbocad 2016-2017, TurboCad Platinum 21(Best working version,IMHO) Using Lightworks for reliability/stability and testing redsdk, Anilab lab 5, Renditioner Pro V3. ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4500/5100

* December 19, 2015, 05:58:40 PM
As Tim says, you can relocate the ref point of an object before animation, for example, animating building an arch one would relocate ref point of the first brick to centre of arch and used duplicate and rotate to build it, however one can't relocate the ref point 'on the fly', for that I think it would need a duplicate object on a hidden layer with the ref point already set, and switch layers.

It may be possible to relocate on the fly using script, but I haven't tried it and vbs is a lot more limiting that vba.     

I think that's what I'm gonna do. Much simpler than rotating and then moving.

Henry H

* December 19, 2015, 06:02:57 PM

Henry H

I was going to do that, Dean, but Genie won't let me. The object was made with Constrained profiles and I can't Group such an object.

Henry H

* December 19, 2015, 08:20:47 PM

Henry H

I was going to do that, Dean, but Genie won't let me. The object was made with Constrained profiles and I can't Group such an object.

Henry H

Parametric symbols (constrained objects) can act as a group, Henry. Their properties can be animated as well "set property value"
The bolt is a TC parametric symbol and the cylinder is "attached"to it.
Maybe ask the parametric master :) "Torfinn"to help you create the part.

Windows 7 64 bit HP > on a stock HP laptop with 4gb-2.4 GHz.Turbocad 2016-2017, TurboCad Platinum 21(Best working version,IMHO) Using Lightworks for reliability/stability and testing redsdk, Anilab lab 5, Renditioner Pro V3. ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4500/5100

December 20, 2015, 02:45:38 AM
Or, you might try post editing, using Montage Center, to remove/add frames as required.

Just a thought.

Regards Tim

You can design without engineering, but you cannot engineer without design.
Testing/using with Win 10 and various TurboCAD 64-bit versions.

* December 20, 2015, 08:13:38 AM
Thanks, Dean. I wasn't "grouping" correctly. My objects are extrusions made from constrained 2D profiles, with "Use compound profile" enabled, and it turns out that the way to group them is to select the extrusions and the profiles and then use "Create Group." Genie warns that the constrained objects won't be included in the Group, but if I tell her to go ahead anyway, the extrusions are indeed grouped and the profiles are not. But I can't select just the extrusions and apply "Create Group," or select just the profiles and "Create Group."

Henry H

* December 20, 2015, 09:09:48 AM
Thanks, Dean. I wasn't "grouping" correctly. My objects are extrusions made from constrained 2D profiles, with "Use compound profile" enabled, and it turns out that the way to group them is to select the extrusions and the profiles and then use "Create Group." Genie warns that the constrained objects won't be included in the Group, but if I tell her to go ahead anyway, the extrusions are indeed grouped and the profiles are not. But I can't select just the extrusions and apply "Create Group," or select just the profiles and "Create Group."

Henry H

Henry, I don't know the contents of or how complex your drawing is, so try this >
> draw your profiles that you are planning on constraining then create group
> add constraints in group edit mode
> add actor "group" to Anilab
> then "attach to group" your other object

see attached.
Center object is a group.There are perpendicular constraints on the extruded lines and equal radius and a var# constraints on the smaller extruded circles. Pay close attention to those and the taller cylinder is 'attached to group"
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 09:24:02 AM by Dean »

* December 20, 2015, 10:34:26 AM
Thanks, Dean.

Henry H

* December 20, 2015, 10:51:39 AM
This little ppm will move the RP of any drawing if we replace the "2D Circle", with a different .tcw
If TC is installed like by default
Just delete the first line or replace "mm" with "in" and it is English system

Torfinn

V18, V19, V20, V21, 2015 Pro. Platinum
Deluxe V20, V21, 2015
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Home Premium 64 bit, 32 GB
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780m, 1 GB

* December 20, 2015, 12:19:24 PM
Thanks, Old buddy  :) and Merry Christmas!
It works great in mm but in (inches) the ref point and rotation handles are not visible  ???.
I also had to create a drawing "2D circle" put that in the static-test folder and place that folder in my drawings folder.

ok> I got it working in " Redsdk not refreshing :P
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 12:54:20 PM by Dean »

* December 20, 2015, 01:24:34 PM
Your welcome Gamle Ørn
A Merry Christmas to you as well

Maybe you dont have TC installed like default, or maybe i dont :), this is how it is on my machine;
C:\Users\Torfinn\Documents\TurboCAD 2015 Professional x64\Drawings
                  1             2                      3
"..\..\..\Drawings"
  1  2  3
So when you make a folder inside the Drawings folder that is correct in the way TC look after the 2D circle.
If TC dont find it in ..\Drawings it will go one level down from there, in other words to the Macro or like you did in a folder named static-test, and by that, TC find the file in the adress that was told in the ppm.

The file 2D circle.tcw have to be "treated" like a Block, so it's object should be in 0,0,0 when you save it, if you select the circle and looking down at the area 100,75 i am pretty sure you will se the yellow ref point mark.
So i believe it is about where you have placed the circle inside the 2D circle.tcw

I did test it just now with factory settings, the ppm in  "in"  and English units, and everything work ok, i could see the handles.

Torfinn

Deluxe V20, V21, 2015
RedSDK enabled

* December 20, 2015, 01:30:44 PM
And now i see that you get it to work :)

Torfinn

Deluxe V20, V21, 2015
RedSDK enabled