TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

Help
Read 2129 times
* December 29, 2009, 06:09:59 PM
Forgive me I am an infrequent user of designcad/turbo cad and have forgotten one of the basic instructions.

How do you draw a line. I remember you entered a key then x1,y1, hit a key and entered x2,y2.
Can some one give me the sequence.

The simple basic tutorials seem to have been removed from the web site.  Are there any simple tutorials available?
thanks

AJD

* December 29, 2009, 08:12:35 PM

How do you draw a line. I remember you entered a key then x1,y1, hit a key and entered x2,y2.

Easiest way is with the mouse: Click on the "Line" toolbutton on the Drawing Tools toolbar; click one time in the drawing to set the initial point of the line; move the mouse to the desired location of the end point; click again. That's your basic Line; i.e., it's not drawn between well-defined points. When drawing a line between specific points, those points are usually defined by preexisting objects (a corner of a rectangle and the center of a circle, to cite one of a vast number of possibilities) and one uses an appropriate Snap mode to set the line's endpoints.

The method you're trying to remember is legitimate, too, but rather laborious IMO: After activating the Line tool, press Shift+Tab to access the X field of the Status Bar and type the X coordinate of the starting point; press Tab to access the Y field and type the Y coordinate of the starting point; press Enter to set that point; press Shift+Tab again to access the X field and type the X coordinate of the finishing point; press Tab to access the Y field and type the Y coordinate of the finishing point; press Enter to finish the line.

Henry H

* December 29, 2009, 11:10:34 PM
re: How do you draw a line. … Are there any simple tutorials available?

Will something like this for the Line tool do?

There is also a Tutorial page that may be helpful.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1803), 64-bit

* December 30, 2009, 11:03:37 AM
Guys  Many thanks for the prompt responses. will proceed. Now I am dangerous

thanks
AJD :)

* December 30, 2009, 11:18:29 PM

Gary Wooding
Win10 64-bit,