Hopefully, Joel, we might get this fixed soon - fingers crossed.
I duplicated your settings Tim but using 2015 RedSdk quality render (I don't have Lightworks), I couldn't duplicate the results, even starting TC via AL (though I would never normally do that), Unlike Joel though I never use AL as a floating palette, its always fixed along with Selection and Design director, the animation did take an hour at 1920x1080 and used 2 gig of memory.
As to AL / TC being fixed, with 2016 probably only a couple of months away I have my doubts.
Andy, thanks for trying. I know how testing can be very time consuming.
I have tried a number of routes, to tie down what is happening in a consistent way.
This has proven very frustrating.
However, I seem to have found at least one way, on my WIN 10 PC, of duplicating what looks like a graphics painting error with 2015.
1. I removed LW, reinstalled/repaired TC and reinstalled/repaired Animation Lab.
2. Rebooted and ran TC as Administrator.
3. As TC was in GDI mode I ran the Web Standard Template rendered with draft mode.
4. The scenario ran fine - the TC window remaining closed while rendering.
5. I changed to RED mode, restarting TC, and ran the same file and scenario which you can see here:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwkrqQL0_64
RED - LW
notice how the Animation Lab. window flickers when the mouse is over it, when the mouse is over the TC title bar, and, when the TC window is minimised, but renders properly otherwise.
6. I changed to GDI mode, restarting TC, and ran the same file and scenario which you can see here:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xBcLL15sxM
GDI - LW
notice how both the TC window and Animation Lab. windows are rendering simultaneously with no other visible errors.
This is probably because in draft mode the CPU has less work to do, in 'painting' the screen.
7. Reinstalled the LW plug-in, rebooted and started TC. The Anilab palette was a blank window.
8. Closed TC 2015 and reinstalled/repaired Anilab. The Anilab. palette displayed normally.
9. ran the same file and scenario which you can see the results of here:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvPNcCfE4sE
RED + LW
10. Changed back to GDI mode, restarting TC, the results of which you can see here:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeZtJWsbrCo
GDI + LW
Well, that's enough of that, for now.
Thanks for reading, and, viewing!