TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

Adding/removing/replacing block sets on multiple TCAD drawings
Read 1340 times
* November 26, 2015, 10:16:54 AM
I have roughly 2000 TurboCAD drawings that i have an updated set of blocks i need to have for them. Over the last few hours, ive had a blank page with my new blocks in it, and copy/pasting every drawing on to it, then saving over the previous one.
Am i doing it the best/fastest way possible, or does anyone have any tips/tricks/applications that may expedite the process?

November 26, 2015, 10:42:52 AM
It's maybe a bit late but could you use XRefs?

I use them alot as the geometry is not stored in the file only a External file path reference to a "Master" Block. So, if you have used these from the outset then upon opening the 2000 drawings the "Master" xRef Blocks changes would be seen in these drawings.

It still could be worth using this method if in future you are going to make some changes to the global blocks again as you would not need to go through the laborious updating of your drawings ...

Daz…

V2019 Plat 64bit, Lenovo P72 Laptop, Window 10 Pro for Workstations, Intel Xeon E-2186 CPU @ 2.90 Ghz (6 cores/12 threads), 32GB RAM, 512GB & 1TB SSD's, Nvidia P5200 c/w Max=Q Design GPU, Display UHD 3840 x 2160 pixels
TurboCAD user since V3 and Turbocad 3D V1.

* November 26, 2015, 10:48:00 AM
I'm looking into it right now. Would it work the same for custom lines and things like that as well?
Will it work without Pro? Everyone using these drawings is just using TC Designer 21. Everything in terms of blocks and lines have been made on pro and saved to 21 so everyone else can use them.

*edit* Looks like i can't with the Designer version
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 10:55:33 AM by AidanTM »

November 26, 2015, 10:57:43 AM
Maybe before going in to deep test with a copy of a drawing to see if the method will work as you want it. I am not familiar with TC Designer. Maybe other users/beta testers can confirm the functionality.

Custom lines could be a problem with XRefs. But it's worth a test, as like I have said, for future changes it can save no end of time and headaches.

Daz…

V2019 Plat 64bit, Lenovo P72 Laptop, Window 10 Pro for Workstations, Intel Xeon E-2186 CPU @ 2.90 Ghz (6 cores/12 threads), 32GB RAM, 512GB & 1TB SSD's, Nvidia P5200 c/w Max=Q Design GPU, Display UHD 3840 x 2160 pixels
TurboCAD user since V3 and Turbocad 3D V1.

* November 26, 2015, 11:00:34 AM
Yeah, it would definitely help in the future, as i know policies will change, and blocks etc will have to as well.
Will keep on with my current method for now, and look into that some more later. Thankyou