TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Remember to do a search before you ask a question!!!

How to get Join Polyline to turn on in 15.2 Pro Mechanical
Read 1806 times
* December 27, 2009, 05:35:39 PM
I spent my first full day today learning the 3D functions on my TC Pro 15.2. I came across one particularly frustrating thing. After creating a few 3D elements, I wanted to subtract a polyline extrusion from a larger piece. I created all the 2D parts on a single workplane, but the icon for Join Polyline was grayed out. I tried a ton of things to get it active again including moving the workplanes, deleting and recreating the parts of the polyline, everything I could figure out to make sure I was working in 2D, with no luck. I finally had to shutdown and restart TC to get the icon active after which I could do the extrusion I wanted. What makes that function available, how do I get it working again after working in 3D?

* December 27, 2009, 06:20:56 PM
Double check the tick.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison

* December 27, 2009, 06:26:40 PM
You might inadvertantly have put segments onto differing workplanes.  Try selecting the segments that you want to join and format|place on workplane.  Another thing that might occur is if the ends aren't coincident.  Try modify|meet two lines with a couple of the segments, which also coughs up a warning if workplanes are different.  For whatever reason, genie might have lost track of something.  One or other of View|redraw or Tools|database|regenerate is supposed to refresh the drawing, which might also assist.  Try drawing a polygon, exploding it, then see if the tool has magically restarted while the segments are still selected.  I have seen this once or twice in 15.2, I don't remember how I sorted it, but I don't recall having to restart.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 09:55:56 PM by murray dickinson »

* December 28, 2009, 06:35:06 PM
Murray, thanks for the suggestions. I did have the situation show up twice. I got it to go away once, no idea how, and was not able to duplicate it the second time. I did specifically make sure all parts were on the same workplane, and did do the Meet Two Lines function. If it shows up again, I'll try your other suggestions. At least I'm not crazy, someone else has seen it  ;)