TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Interested in some really terrific mobile apps? Visit www.turboapps.com for details.

Fancy another test using Addnode
Read 1034 times
* November 05, 2015, 06:51:18 PM
Been really struggling to get something to work in 2015 and admitted defeat when I reverted to v21 and tested using an example from the wiki, I've uninstalled AL and 2015, reinstalled latest build and latest AL from here
http://forums.turbocad.com/index.php/topic,17285.msg102004.html#msg102004

The first pic is what happens for me when I run the scenario from the wiki, the second pic is taken from the wiki of what it is supposed to look like, which was done in v21 using a previous AL build, I've also attached the file in case anyone wants to run it and see what they get (assuming they are running the latest AL install).

I will add that I figured out how to work around the problem, but wondered if it happens to others so I know whether to add a note to the wiki.

Oh if trying, simply open the file and run scenario with 'Options - Frames - Save Frames as image files' turned off

Thanks

November 06, 2015, 01:21:09 AM
Andy,

yes, happens the same for me - no idea why.  :-\

I tried a few things, but it's persists!  ::)

Regards Tim

You can design without engineering, but you cannot engineer without design.
Testing/using with Win 10 and various TurboCAD 64-bit versions.

* November 06, 2015, 02:05:47 AM
Thanks Tim for checking it.

It appears that when the command is first used on a line something inside AL goes a bit wonky, a way I found after struggling for ages - as I thought the custom script I was using in the real drawing (not the one posted) was wrong, is to force TC to execute another command first.

I wrote down the x, y coordinates of the default line reference point and put them in MoveAbs command, making sure it was the first command, this means the line won't actually move but forces TC to do something else before the movement which seems to correct things.
0 0 MoveAbs  x(ref point) y(ref point) 0

Ah well, it seems the latest AL / 2015 cured the undo but broke something else

Thanks again

November 06, 2015, 03:00:44 AM

Aye, time for a bug report!

Regards Tim

You can design without engineering, but you cannot engineer without design.
Testing/using with Win 10 and various TurboCAD 64-bit versions.

* November 06, 2015, 07:14:00 AM
Andy,
Double check your values.
Using my own drawing everything works for me when I set the correct values.
Am I missing something here.

"What do I know, I'm still learning"..
Windows 7 64 bit HP > on a stock HP laptop with 4gb-2.4 GHz.Turbocad 2016-2017, TurboCad Platinum 21(Best working version,IMHO) Using Lightworks for reliability/stability and testing redsdk, Anilab lab 5, Renditioner Pro V3. ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4500/5100

* November 06, 2015, 07:35:17 AM
HI Dean.

The values were taken from the wiki, which was known to work correctly in a previous AnimLab install and v21, as can be seen from the 2nd pic I posted, its no problem as there is an easy workaround.

This wasn't actually the file which was giving me problems this was just a test to find out why the other file (with different values) would not work correctly - at least not for me,   (posting a link to it now in the movie section). 

Thanks for looking