TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

All posts discussing pricing or where to buy TurboCAD will be deleted.

Problem with File locations in V15.2 Deluxe
Read 1136 times
* December 25, 2009, 06:55:07 PM
I've been using V15 and 15.2 ever since they came out. The default location for my drawings is on a D: partition as specified in the options. This has worked fine not only for V15 but also V14 and others. However, recently when I opened TC, the opening screen for selecting a drawing was in the templates on the C: drive. The D: drive location is still specified in the program set up.

I uninstalled TC from the control panel and reinstalled. I didn't change any default file locations during the installation (I never have). After installing, I opened TC 15.2 and somehow the opening screen showed the correct location for my drawings. I opened a drawing and worked on it and then closed TC normally. Just to check that it was still working correctly, I started it back up. At the opening screen, it was now at Documents on the C: drive. Even though the program setup still showed the D: drive location, I went ahead and modified it to point to the same location. However, the opening screen still shows the Documents location.

Does anybody have an idea for correcting this behavior?

* December 25, 2009, 11:26:15 PM
What is the first drawing in the History list when you go to "File / Open"? If it's a Template, right-click and remove the shortcut/thumbnail from History. You could also clear the whole list, if you want.

[attachment deleted by admin]

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1803), 64-bit

* December 26, 2009, 04:56:29 PM
When I went to File\Open\history, the first three files were recently opened .tcw files. After that there were two .tct files. Instead of clearing those two .tct files, I selected "clear history". After doing so and opening and closing TC several times, it now has the correct path. Hopefully that will last. I still don't know what caused the change in behavior.

As usual, thanks for your help!