TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

All posts discussing pricing or where to buy TurboCAD will be deleted.

DAEX vs. Cutlist plus
Read 1888 times
* October 28, 2015, 08:40:00 PM
For those of you wondering why I am taking the trouble to get DAEX fixed for North American Metric -- it's simple.

I exported several cabinets to csv and imported them to my Cutlist Plus.

After comparing the cutting plans, I found that DAEX would normally create larger pieces for the "offcuts". As usual -- it's just the money!

Plus -- it saves a step!

We use track saws and table saws for these small runs. DAEX creates efficient cutting plans for these tools.

I have not tested CNC output.

WillR
SW:TC 21 Pro Platinum, FM15, 20 Pro Platinum 64 Bit, also V 19.1 64Bit & 32 bit 17.2 and 18.1; Furniture Maker 14 and 10. HW: Vista 64 Ultimate, AMD 1090 (6 core) 8GB memory Plus also an AMD  8 core systemFX

* October 29, 2015, 09:38:46 AM
Larger offcuts can mean material saving  (see below)! DAEX can be set for different types of companies and their way of working, machine equipment, individual requirements including the method of use offcuts. We can to set DAEX for a lot of various solution.

Many of our users want:
1. To have more large offcuts after optimization which can be used for another cuttig/product = material saving (this use most our users)
2. Place the most pieces on panel regardless of the size of offcuts (user do not work with offcuts) = also material saving for this solution
Next solution see below.
3. They use standard saws with printing standard cutting plans (they use "optimlal" setting)
4. They use automated saws or CNC using data export into these machines. In this case we have to adapt to the possibilities a specific machines which generally doesn't use the power of our optimization. There is usually an effort to find a compromise between cutting speed and material consumption (they use "Long/Short/Combination" setting).
5. They use our NESTING for milling more pieces
6. Next individual solutions for small, medium and large companies with a complete linking trade to production.
7. Further links to accounting and stock programs ..

I suppose you could meet the point 2). Let me know I can set it.
Also please, send me your order which you comparing the cutting plans. I need your order form DAEX (format DZA and  PDF with cutting plans) and PDF cutting plans from Cutlist. Please see here for save DZA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQmJLQZ_8V8

* October 30, 2015, 11:31:30 AM
Milan:

I sent you a copy of the files, addressed to "Milan":

The email is:
FM16 Order copy for analysis.

Attached to the email are the DZA file, the TCW and the XML file for that cabinet.

Hopefully you can solve both issues which are apparent.

1) The door sizes are the same -- but have different dimensions in the order.
2) The pricing is wrong.

The cabinet is metric format.

If you cannot solve the door size issue than you should specify that doors must be drawn in the "closed" position when sent to the optimizer.

WillR
SW:TC 21 Pro Platinum, FM15, 20 Pro Platinum 64 Bit, also V 19.1 64Bit & 32 bit 17.2 and 18.1; Furniture Maker 14 and 10. HW: Vista 64 Ultimate, AMD 1090 (6 core) 8GB memory Plus also an AMD  8 core systemFX

* November 01, 2015, 10:23:00 AM
WillR,

also could you send me order for testing cutting plan to [email protected]

- DZA
and
- PDF cutting plans from Cutlist
- PDF cutting plans from DAEX

Thank you

* November 02, 2015, 05:03:00 AM
Milan:

I may be able to organize some illustrations which show the differences between the optimizers this week. Maybe not. WMS is on this week here in Toronto -- three days worth. Also we are taking delivery of a large vehicle which takes a great deal of time.

WMS Toronto:
http://www.woodworkingnetwork.com/events-contests/wms

I am very short of time.

I will try to help.

Note: Since I upgraded from FM15 to FM16, the orders may not be available that show the differences in a dramatic fashion. I may have kept paper copies. I will try to check today.

WillR

* November 02, 2015, 07:39:17 AM
At least some of the orders are available. I will try to help as soon as possible.

WillR