TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When replying to a specific statement be sure to quote the previous post.

Old Bench Clamp
Read 1785 times
* September 24, 2015, 02:44:31 PM
Another old tool I found in the garage which I haven't used in many years,  Although copies are still produced my many firms, Irwin to name just one (though that one is way overpriced), this is a Record 145 which I think is one of the originals and guessing it could be 35 years old but not sure.

Anyway thought I'd draw it, and include cut away on how it holds down the wood (I used to use it to hold wood for carving), done in 2015 pro with RedSdk.

September 24, 2015, 02:56:44 PM
Nice job Andy. An interesting design too.

* September 24, 2015, 03:22:46 PM
Another old tool I found in the garage which I haven't used in many years,  Although copies are still produced my many firms, Irwin to name just one (though that one is way overpriced), this is a Record 145 which I think is one of the originals and guessing it could be 35 years old but not sure.

Anyway thought I'd draw it, and include cut away on how it holds down the wood (I used to use it to hold wood for carving), done in 2015 pro with RedSdk.

I started my millwork apprentice in June 1963 and never seen that particular clamp before. It's a very nice model. Record makes excellent tools.

DonCW

2017 Platinum
Light Works Plug in
Windows 10
There's so much to learn and not much time left to learn it.

* September 24, 2015, 06:09:10 PM
Nice job, Andy. Interesting tool; I've never seen one.

Henry H

* September 25, 2015, 08:03:26 AM
Some tools be old but not obsolete.Well done. Like the sectional view.

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison

September 28, 2015, 12:47:31 PM
I remember those. Built one of my first workbenches from bowling alley floor, and installed a few of these. Made life a lot easier. The blue is perfect (at least as per my memory...!). Nice work, no an easy model to build.
Steve

SGEDESIGNS - - TurboCAD 20.1 Pro Platinum - - WIN7-64 Dell Precision M6700 -- Quadcore i5-3340M 2.7GHz -- 8Gb RAM -- Fire Pro M6000

October 10, 2015, 10:46:20 PM
Nice model. Brings back some good memories of one I used to use just like that in an old workplace about 30 years ago. Used to call it a bench holdfast. Wish I had one now. Sorry I don't visit the forum much now, but great to see the continuing wonderful gallery creations once in a while. Alan.

Alan.
Platinum 21. & Deluxe 21.
TC user since 1995. (version 3)

* October 11, 2015, 02:08:06 AM
Thanks everyone.

Alan, Just had a look at your site and couldn't help but be fascinated by the bedroom with diagonal beam, that must have been a challenge to work out how best to fit the furniture, very nice job.