TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

Points along curve tool
Read 1491 times
* August 19, 2015, 07:32:21 AM
Why is the points along curve tool only found in turbocad Mac? I had to switch from Mac to windows and the windows turbocad is nothing at all like the Mac version. Not only does the main window look a control panel on the space shuttle, but multiple very importent tools I'm used to using are gone. Most importantly is the points along curve tool. How on earth do you evenly distribute points along an arc in turbocad windows? This was no problem in the Mac versions, but in windows it seems impossible.
Thanks for that.

* August 19, 2015, 08:51:51 AM
If memory serves, TC Mac was either bought or leased from another company and then I assume altered by IMSI, which is why they are so different.

Can I please ask are you wanting points on a Curve (Spline) or an Arc, also which TC version are you using including whether designer, deluxe, pro, or platinum

As to points along an Arc I'd use the 'Radial Fit Copy' tool, for curve using platinum edition the 'pattern on curve' will do it, there is also 'set graphic on path' but that assumes you know what distance apart you require. more specific instructions depends on version of TC though radial fit copy is in most versions and probably all styles (not certain about designer)

* August 19, 2015, 08:56:16 AM
Why is the points along curve tool only found in turbocad Mac? I had to switch from Mac to windows and the windows turbocad is nothing at all like the Mac version. Not only does the main window look a control panel on the space shuttle, but multiple very importent tools I'm used to using are gone. Most importantly is the points along curve tool. How on earth do you evenly distribute points along an arc in turbocad windows? This was no problem in the Mac versions, but in windows it seems impossible.
Thanks for that.

Default config workspace platinum 2015 64 bit
Menu >
1) Modify > arrange graphics on path
2) Addons > special tools > insert profile along path
3) Draw > 3D object > 3D Pattern > Pattern on curve
Explode point once to polyline for Profile along path

"What do I know, I'm still learning"..
Windows 7 64 bit HP > on a stock HP laptop with 4gb-2.4 GHz.Turbocad 2019-2018-2017, TurboCad Platinum 21.Using LightWorks, Anilab lab 5. ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4500/5100 and HP all in one desktop with Nvidia Geforce 210, open gl 3.3