TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Interested in some really terrific mobile apps? Visit www.turboapps.com for details.

Ruby script menu
Read 1092 times
* August 16, 2015, 05:41:52 PM
Turbocad lte pro v7

Has the menu item "Addons" been disabled in version 7?

While scripts appear in the Ruby .Net Script console drop down box, they do not appear in a menu.  Is this by design or am I missing a setting?

Most of the sample scripts have a last line like UI.menu("Sdk samples").add_item("TC Sun Sample"){tc_sun_sample} which reads as if Turbocad can load scripts as menu items

Can scripts be added to a menu (or into a tool bar)?  This would save toggling the console and finding the script in a drop down each time.

* August 16, 2015, 09:02:55 PM
I believe the menu listing that was found in an earlier version is gone. The Ruby program was updated to what you have now. There is a RubyScripts folder in the same directory as your drawings (C:\Users\your user name\Documents\TurboCAD LTe Pro 7x64\Documents\RubyScripts) that contains all the scripts listed. There is a "ReadMe" in that folder that may be of use. Another place to look is at Using the Ruby Console in the TurboCAD 2015 Help. There's a little more info than what is found in the LTE 7 Users Guide.

I know next to nothing about Ruby; just where it's located.

John R.

V17V21, 2015, 2016, 2017
Designer, Deluxe, Basic, Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10, 64-bit