TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

All posts discussing pricing or where to buy TurboCAD will be deleted.

Animation Lab SetPropertyValue
Read 1608 times
* July 26, 2015, 10:31:44 AM
Is it possible for anyone at IMSI to get some examples of the use of "SetPropertyValue" which has no examples as I believe that it could extend the things we could do with animation lab if we had some examples of methods and syntax used .

* July 26, 2015, 10:58:19 AM
If you mean the standard command - please see a little example on the wiki http://www3.turbocadcommunity.com/tiki-index.php?page=AnimLab+property+values

At the bottom of that page is a link to an index page, more example will be added in due time to each of the topics.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 11:09:08 AM by Andy H »

* July 26, 2015, 11:20:52 AM
Many thanks for the reply Andy, things are starting to look up with a page on Animation lab examples and very welcome they are.

Great piece of software with lots of potential, just a matter of getting base examples of as many of the facets as possible combined wit the scripting potential.

* July 26, 2015, 02:07:29 PM
The Wiki mainly comprises of items from users (almost all of it by John), to be honest I don't even know if IMSI visit it anymore.

Due to Spam - posting on the Wiki is limited, John obviously, and I can post (the AnimLab stuff an odd bits and pieces) other than that I don't know, I'm sure others could post but I don't know who, when I see AnimLab stuff on the forum I'll add it to the wiki so it doesn't get lost - I've more time now retired :)

* July 26, 2015, 06:05:06 PM
Every little snippet is of help Andy, it was a while back since I used animation lab when I was doing my pumpjack animation but finding it very hard to hold syntax these days so struggle a bit getting back into it.

The developers of Animation lab should have had a place on the forum for questions and answers as it would have created more sales for them but unfortunately they are in Russia. I tried to get some information from them once but obviously a language barrier.

* July 28, 2015, 12:01:18 PM
Added some known Pen and Brush Properties which work as SetPropertyValue, PenStyle (Pen Pattern), PenScale (Dashed Scale - Decimal) , PenWidth (Decimal),  PenColor (uses the single decimal number not RGB),  BrushStyle (Brush Pattern),  BrushColor (uses the single decimal number not RGB),  BrushScale (Decimal), BrushAngle (Degrees)

* July 28, 2015, 01:11:26 PM
Thanks Andy, good to see the build up of routines and examples it really does make a big difference to those who are trying to utilize the facets of animation lab and also the VBScript potential in combination.

Thank You!.

* August 05, 2015, 08:54:58 PM
re: …PenColor (uses the single decimal number, not RGB)…

I added an Excel formula that Winston Mitchell posted centuries ago, that will create the Decimal color number from the RGB numbers.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015, 2016, 2017
Designer, Deluxe, Basic, Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10, 64-bit

* August 06, 2015, 01:35:35 AM
Thanks John, I had wondered where the decimals numbers came from.